Senior DevOps Engineer
Brooklyn, NY /
Engineering – Platform & Enterprise enablement /
Praxis Labs is a learning and development company with the mission of making society more equitable. Based in Brooklyn, NY, we leverage immersive learning experiences in Virtual Reality, combined with actionable data insights on our learning and reflection platform to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) for our clients and their employees (our learners!).
Praxis Labs was founded by women of color. As a diverse team, we bring our lived experiences and unique perspectives to bear as we seek to build the most efficacious and impactful learning experiences. We recently launched our flagship learning journey, Pivotal Experiences, with clients like Google, Uber, Airbnb, and Etsy and have been featured in Forbes, Essence, Afrotech, and Fortune.
As a fast growing mission-driven startup, we are looking to grow our team and hire our first Senior DevOps Engineer to help us take our product to the next level!
We are returning to office for a couple days a week in New York City in the Spring of 2022 (pending COVID-19 health guidelines). In the interim, we are offering flexible work space.
Salary range: $140,000-$180,000
- In 1 month, you will have collaborated with different engineering teams to understand our infrastructure, stability and uptime
- In 3 months, you will have contributed to measuring and setting up systems to proactively understand bottlenecks and areas of improvement that are impacting uptime
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with different engineering teams and build development automation tooling
- Own release management and rollback strategy
- Create and maintain environments needed across engineering functions
- Monitor and scaling of production applications
- Own proactive alerting strategy across production applications
- 4+ years of DevOps, site reliability, or cloud infrastructure experience
- Expertise within AWS services such as ECS, EC2, Cloudfront, S3, Lambda
- Experience deploying different kinds of applications to a production environment with CI tools such as CircleCI, Jenkins
- Strong understanding of cloud configuration tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- Familiarity with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with application performance monitoring while leveraging tools such as DataDog, NewRelic
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Ruby
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to a temporary remote working environment - we recognize the challenges of working from home and welcome open dialogue on what the best hours and working environment looks like for each individual. We also provide a generous stipend for home office setup while we’re still fully remote.