Sr. Content Designer
Brooklyn, NY /
Product – Design /
Praxis Labs is a learning and development company with the mission of making society more equitable. Based in Brooklyn, NY, we leverage immersive learning experiences in Virtual Reality, combined with actionable data insights on our learning and reflection platform to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) for our clients and their employees (our learners!).
Praxis Labs was founded by women of color. As a diverse team, we bring our lived experiences and unique perspectives to bear as we seek to build the most efficacious and impactful learning experiences. We recently launched our flagship learning journey, Pivotal Experiences, with clients like Google, Uber, Nordstrom, Etsy and have been featured in Forbes, Essence, Afrotech, and Fortune.
As a fast growing mission-driven startup, we are looking to bring on a Content Designer to help us drive our voice and tone and create content systems that improve user experience and learner efficacy.
We are returning to office for a couple days a week in New York City in the Spring of 2022 (pending COVID-19 health guidelines). In the interim, we are offering flexible work space.
Salary range: $110,000-$150,000
- In 1 month, you will have reviewed our current content and collaborated with other Product Designers to develop the content framework and content style guide. You will have also revised content and design for our most engaged with screens and created new content for our social channels.
- In 3 months, you will developed our content style guide and evangelized it across the company, revised our in-product writing to make it simple, straightforward and human, and collaborated with the Curriculum team to translate learning content before launching to learners.
- In 6 months, you will have increased our content engagement and learner efficacy through clear, consistent, and compelling content design and documented our information architecture and content design strategy aligned with our mission and vision.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the co-founders, the Product team, and the Curriculum team to build and implement our information architecture, content framework, and content style guide
- Document processes and systems for the rest of the team to leverage
- Align on a clear voice and tone for all of our content and evangelize it internally to the team
- Partner with Curriculum, Design, and Engineering to review and create content for our learning journeys
- Collaborate with marketing and social media to align on a clear brand message and support content creation and review
- Passion for our mission and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Incredibly organized and great at creating systems and processes
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Comfort and/or experience building content design frameworks, style guides, and information architectures from the ground up
- Familiarity or comfort with working across functional teams
- Excitement and/or experience with learning and development or edtech
Benefits & Perks
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Professional development budget
- Annual wellness stipend
- Work From Home stipend
- Quarterly team retreats
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to a temporary remote working environment - we recognize the challenges of working from home and welcome open dialogue on what the best hours and working environment looks like for each individual. We also provide a generous stipend for home office setup while we’re still fully remote.