Technical Support Engineer
Brooklyn, NY /
Growth – Customer Success /
Praxis Labs is a learning and development company with the mission of making society more equitable. Based in Brooklyn, NY, we leverage immersive learning experiences in Virtual Reality, combined with actionable data insights on our learning and reflection platform to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) for our clients and their employees (our learners!).
Praxis Labs was founded by women of color. As a diverse team, we bring our lived experiences and unique perspectives to bear as we seek to build the most efficacious and impactful learning experiences. We recently launched our flagship learning journey, Pivotal Experiences, with clients like Google, Uber, Nordstrom, Etsy and have been featured in Forbes, Essence, Afrotech, and Fortune.
As a fast growing mission-driven startup, we are looking to grow our Customer Success team and hire a Technical Support Specialist to help us delight and engage our clients and our learners.
We are returning to office for a couple days a week in New York City in the Spring of 2022 (pending COVID-19 health guidelines). In the interim, we are offering flexible work space.
Salary range: $90,000-$115,000
- In 1 month, you will have collaborated with Customer Success teams to identify and resolve client and learner issues working cross functionally with engineering teams and communicated with internal and external stakeholders on high priority issues to resolve and propose steps to solve them or escalate to relevant teammates
- In 3 months, you will have shared knowledge and educated clients and learners to prevent common issues through Knowledge Center documentation, live learning sessions, Getting Started manuals, etc. You will also have filed and evaluated bugs with Product and Engineering teams, advised clients on best enterprise integration methods with Praxis Labs, and proposed new processes, collateral, and/or policies to streamline technical issue resolution and prioritization
- In 6 months, you will have reduced resolution time for technical issues reported by learners and clients via enablement, policies, and product feature updates, trained Customer Success team on product demonstrations, technical support best practices, and common paths for resolutions, and supported key stakeholder sessions for live technical support and resolution
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the success for all technical deployment including, but not limited to new customer implementations, ongoing support through the customer’s learning experiences, providing consultative guidance, product training, and technical support to client and learners as necessary.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to communicate common requests and propose solutions to automate and improve learner experience
- Troubleshoot client or learner issues real-time during open support sessions or through written documentation and/or ticketing
- Support enterprise integration efforts across internal engineering teams and client IT teams
- Prioritize and drive timely resolution of customer issues and inquiries.
- Passion for our mission and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails and React
- Experience with debugging via logs or exception reporting tools such as Sentry
- Comfortable working within AWS
- Comfortable with SSH'ing into the server and executing scripts
- Experience working with external customers on SaaS product implementation, customer success, support and/or consulting.
- Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and troubleshoot in real time
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and deal effectively with challenges as they come up. Desire to learn new technologies, discuss new ideas, and work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Professional development budget
- Annual wellness stipend
- Work From Home stipend
- Quarterly team retreats
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to a temporary remote working environment - we recognize the challenges of working from home and welcome open dialogue on what the best hours and working environment looks like for each individual. We also provide a generous stipend for home office setup while we’re still fully remote.