Software Engineer (front-end)
Brooklyn, NY /
Engineering – Learning Platform /
Praxis Labs is a learning and development company with the mission of making society more equitable. Based in Brooklyn, NY, we leverage immersive learning experiences in Virtual Reality, combined with actionable data insights on our learning and reflection platform to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) for our clients and their employees (our learners!).
Praxis Labs was founded by women of color. As a diverse team, we bring our lived experiences and unique perspectives to bear as we seek to build the most efficacious and impactful learning experiences. We recently launched our flagship learning journey, Pivotal Experiences, with clients like Google, Uber, Nordstrom, Etsy and have been featured in Forbes, Essence, Afrotech, and Fortune.
As a fast growing mission-driven startup, we are looking to grow our team and hire a software engineer with a frontend focus to help us take our learning experiences to the next level!
We are returning to office for a couple days a week in New York City in the Spring of 2022 (pending COVID-19 health guidelines). In the interim, we are offering flexible work space.
Salary range: $110,000-$140,000
- In 1 month, you will have collaborated with Product, Design, and Engineering team members to contribute to a new or ongoing project
- In 3 months, you will have owned a project from start to end, written technical briefs and documentation to contribute to understanding across teams, and contributed to improving engineering processes across the team
- In 6 months, you will have collaborated cross-functionally to launch and track the impact of a new feature you worked on
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to roll-out of UI engineering standards (coding, testing, structure) for the frontend UI framework
- Work closely with the Dir. of Platform Engineering, founding engineers, and co-founders to translate UI/UX designs into client-side, responsive web applications
- Collaborate with UI/UX designers, researchers, and product to design and develop prototypes for advances features or designs
- Interface with back-end team to ensure seamless handoff
- Establish high standards for code quality, documentation, and UI/UX
- 2-3 years experience working as hands-on frontend engineer, with experience working closely with backend teams in the past
- Experienced with React
- Familiarity with Apollo and interfacing with GraphQL API’s
- Proficiency with tools such as NPM and Webpack
- Able to communicate clearly and write clear documentation
- Strong understanding of Software Development life cycle
- Experience with Design Systems such as Material UI
- Experience with CSS-in-JS
- Experience working with Cloud environments such as AWS
Benefits & Perks
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Professional development budget
- Annual wellness stipend
- Work From Home stipend
- Quarterly team retreats
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to a temporary remote working environment - we recognize the challenges of working from home and welcome open dialogue on what the best hours and working environment looks like for each individual. We also provide a generous stipend for home office setup while we’re still fully remote.