Senior Product Manager, Learning Platform
Brooklyn, NY /
Product – Product Management /
Praxis Labs is a learning and development company with the mission of making society more equitable. Based in Brooklyn, NY, we leverage immersive learning experiences in Virtual Reality, combined with actionable data insights on our learning and reflection platform to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) for our clients and their employees (our learners!).
Praxis Labs was founded by women of color. As a diverse team, we bring our lived experiences and unique perspectives to bear as we seek to build the most efficacious and impactful learning experiences. We recently launched our flagship learning journey, Pivotal Experiences, with clients like Google, Uber, Nordstrom, Etsy and have been featured in Forbes, Essence, Afrotech, and Fortune.
As a fast growing mission-driven startup, we are looking to grow our Product team and hire a Senior Product Manager to help us grow and increase our impact.
We are returning to office for a couple days a week in New York City in the Spring of 2022 (pending COVID-19 health guidelines). In the interim, we are offering flexible work space.
Salary range: $120,000-$160,000
- In 1 month, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with dedicated engineering and design teams to bring a product brief to life, lead internal meetings across multiple stakeholders to ensure alignment and track timelines, and prioritize issue reports and feature requests according to prioritization framework and product roadmap
- In 3 months, you will have the opportunity to conduct market research and user testing to identify opportunities for product improvements, research and craft product briefs that will push the learning platform to be more engaging and effective, analyze existing product usage through qualitative and quantitative data and create templated forms and processes to do so
- In 6 months, you will have the opportunity to meet with enterprise clients and learners alongside Customer Success team to better align product and business strategy as well as propose, organize, and execute end-to-end product development to shape the strategy of our flagship learning platform
Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the co-founder and Chief Product Officer to define, translate, and execute product strategy for our flagship learning platform
- Own end-to-end product development from ideation to execution and work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders to ensure alignment across teams
- Create product briefs to clearly articulate feature requirements, direction, and expected behavior
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to create data-backed suggestions and iterations for the product team
- Partner with members of Design and Engineering to create processes and structures that help the team operate more efficiently and effectively
- Passion for our mission and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Proven track record of working with Engineering teams and multiple stakeholders to ship successful features or products
- Unafraid of technical details, to learn fast, and are motivated to understand every aspect of your product.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving and process design skills to advocate for your end customer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience developing product briefs and working with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously and own multiple streams of work simultaneously and comfortable prioritizing between those
- Interest in and/or experience with ed-tech or learning platforms, User Experience, and VR/AR/immersive mediums
Benefits & Perks
- Diverse and inclusive culture
- Competitive salary + equity
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous vacation policy
- Professional development budget
- Annual wellness stipend
- Work From Home stipend
- Quarterly team retreats
Due to COVID-19, we have moved to a temporary remote working environment - we recognize the challenges of working from home and welcome open dialogue on what the best hours and working environment looks like for each individual. We also provide a generous stipend for home office setup while we’re still fully remote.