Sr.Engineering Manager - Mobile
Presto is a market leader in restaurant labor productivity, overlaying next-generation digital solutions onto the physical world. Its enterprise-grade touch, vision, and voice technologies help hospitality businesses thrive while delighting guests. Presto’s solutions are designed to enable restaurants to do more with less by increasing their guest-to-staff ratios, improving speed and quality of service, identifying bottlenecks, and offering guests a superior experience. These solutions include:
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders in a natural conversational style via automated speech recognition artificial intelligence with over 94% accuracy, even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time solutions.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
As the Sr.Software Engineering Manager, you will manage and oversee the design and development of software applications. You will supervise training and development of software engineering staff and will design, implement, and refine product development and testing processes. You will be responsible to manage staff and assign tasks to engineering and technical personnel. Leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes. Oversee project logistics and resource allocation and direct the work of engineers to ensure the best practices around software development.
- Lead, empower, challenge, and coach a team of exceptional engineers to grow their impact as individual technical leaders by providing them with context and continuous feedback.
- Be a highly technical leader who collaborates across teams to architect and develop effective solutions to delight customers.
- Effectively prioritize and manage our engineering roadmaps in alignment with our product roadmap.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships across Platform Engineering partners and customers throughout the engineering teams.
- Collaborate closely within the broader Productivity Engineering organization, delivering cohesive solutions.
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities.
- 5 years of experience as an engineering manager and 10 years of software development experience with at least 5 years on Android.
- Solid experience guiding software development teams of 10 or more, implementing processes, settings, and achieving goals.
- Excellent understanding of Android SDK and/or NDK, build tools, CI/CD, and Android application framework architecture.
- Deep understanding of one or two Android application framework domains.
- As a hands-on leader, you will have experience in design, coding, debugging Android application frameworks, and automotive infotainment systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent record of developing products with an eye for simplicity.
- Experience working with OEM partners.
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif. with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We welcome you to visit our investor page to learn more about Presto’s recent announcement to be Publicly Listed Through a Merger with Ventoux CCM Acquisition Corp (NASDAQ: VTAQ)https://presto.com/public-listing-merger/