Engineering – Data /
The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity.
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
Data plays a critical role in providing smart insights and empowering modern machine learning in the Presto platform. We are looking for a Lead Data Engineering to buildPresto’s data platform and drive key data initiatives to support Presto’s business. You will be collaborating with an energetic cross-functional team to deliver innovative data-driven experiences to Presto customers
- Scratch-build a highly scalable, reliable, resilient data platform using technologies like Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, AWS Spectrum, Redshift, PostgresSQLand other data technologies.
- Understanding of software design principles including algorithm implementation, optimization & performance tuning, integration with other production systems
- Drive data quality and reliability across all product verticals and related business areas.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to deliver a great data-driven product experience for Presto customers.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in ideating, prototyping, and providing thought leadership
- 4+ years overall industry experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale data infrastructure
- Hands-on knowledge of modern cloud-based data technologies/stacks such asSpark, Airflow, Kinesis, Redshift, Snowflake, Lambda, Glue, etc.
- Experience in AWS data technology is a plus.
- A self-starter - collaborate closely with other team members to drive projects from initiation to completion with minimal guidance.
- Define and manage SLAs for all data sets and processes running in production.
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We value people from all walks of life and are committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. We especially encourage historically underrepresented candidates to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.