Director of Financial Reporting
San Carlos, California /
G & A/ Operations – Finance /
The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity.
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
The Director of Financial Reporting will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of the consolidated financial statements on a quarterly basis for our stakeholders in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and presenting to the CFO. They will also be responsible for managing Balance Sheet reconciliations and SEC disclosures, including10-Qs and 10-K in accordance with SEC Rules and Regulations. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical accounting background, has excellent problem-solving skills, excellent time management, is well organized, and has strong communication skills.
- Liaises with finance department, internal and external legal counsel and external independent auditors
- Form company accounting policies
- Direct and manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow and related footnote disclosures
- Prepare and file 8-K, 10-Q,10-K and Annual report with the SEC
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly and annual Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A)
- Assist and review financial-related press releases
- Provide leadership, training and direction to Accounting staff in the preparation and review of all internal and external reporting requirements and accounting policies
- Review work product, evaluate compliance with disclosure requirements and conduct research as necessary
- Research new and proposed accounting pronouncements to determine how the rules should be implemented
- Manage other projects as required.
- CPA preferred, MBA preferred
- 6-12 years financial and accounting experience, specifically public accounting combined with industry experience
- Ability to motivate and teach others, recruit and develop colleagues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks (SEC reporting, M&A, diligence, ) effectively
- 6+ years of SEC experience
- Knowledge of consolidations
- Finance experience (capital markets, treasury, M&A, hedging, ) are a plus
- Netsuite experience preferred
The U.S. base salary range for this position is $160,000 to $198,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all U.S. locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. At Presto, it is not typical for the individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances for each case.
Presto is a public company (NASDAQ: PRST) and its compensation strategy aims to reward high performers and retain them for the long term. Other benefits to U.S.-based employees include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program, and paid-time-off (PTO). To learn more, please visit: www.presto.com.
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We value people from all walks of life and are committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. We especially encourage historically underrepresented candidates to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.