Sr. React Full Stack Engineer
Engineering – Android & Payments /
The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity.
● Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
● Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
● Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
You will closely collaborate with product, design, and business teams to understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver these as a series of fast iterations and quick improvements. You’ll implement native user interfaces using the latest techniques and will drive the adoption of the best coding standards, testing, and maintainability. You will play an active role in the team’s technical design choices, code reviews, and documentation and will mentor and guide new engineers joining the team.
- A degree in computer science or a related field with a strong emphasis on data-structures and algorithms.
- 4+ years of web technology experience with ReactJS, NPM/Web pack, state management, HTML5, CSS3 (SCSS/SASS), ES6, DOM manipulation, object model and ECMA Script standard, and data structure libraries etc.
- 2+ years of strong experience in AWS technologies like - Amplify, AppSync, Lambda, S3, API gateway etc.
- Experienced with building rapid CI/CD pipelines with GitLab etc.
- 2+ years of experience crafting GraphQL queries, mutations, fragments etc.
- 2+ years of experience with RDMBS/NoSQL databases and optimization.
- Must be familiar with Agile methodology such as Scrum, Kansan etc.
Nice to have
- Android native and/or React native experience.
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We value people from all walks of life and are committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. We especially encourage historically underrepresented candidates to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.