Intern Program – Marketing and Business Development
Fremont, CA /
Internship program /
About ProbiusDx Inc.:
We are Probius, an emerging venture-backed life science company developing next generation biochemical analysis solutions that combine quantum sensing and AI. Our technology yields a high-fidelity digital representation of the biochemistry of health for more detailed and predictive insights.
At Probius, we hire the most innovative talent to enable our partners and customers with solutions for their most challenging bioanalysis problems and we strive to extend the boundaries of what is possible. We foster the spirit of innovation by promoting responsible risk taking, open-mindedness, scientific excellence and integrity, open communication, and accountability as individuals and as a team. We are nimble, gritty, and unafraid to explore outside our comfort zone, and motivated to enable human wellness through deep technology and scientific discoveries, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Intern with us:
Our Internship program is 10 weeks long starting in June 2021. All positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. We recruit interns for various functions across the company. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly knowledge sessions with the company leadership, and activities with other Probius interns and the opportunity to present to the leadership team at the end of the program.
As marketing and business development Intern in a company bringing cutting-edges solutions at the intersection of life sciences and technology, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in multiple innovation projects under the direction of a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer, product manager and scientist make a significant impact on customer solutions. As you become part of a startup organization, you will also have a lot of room to create and grow with plenty of autonomy and learning opportunity by getting exposed to all the stages of our customer discovery and business development process. You will get a chance to show your attention to detail and passion for the identification and development of new business opportunities and subsequent customer acquisition which could open the door to a full-time position and the opportunity to join the Probius family as the first step in your career.
For this specific internship period, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Evaluate a wide range of business opportunities associated with the unique advantages of the Probius analytical platform in the field of disease biology, biopharmaceutical research and clinical research.
- Prioritize applications and business cases using application related data analytics and cost-benefit analysis of new solution introduction
- Draft marketing content and customer engagement material
- Develop customer acquisition programs through freemium models, grants and other incentive approaches facilitating adoption
- Apply your knowledge in a real-world business applications and customer engagement
- Participate in a structured teamwork with the opportunity to practice reporting and presentation skills through case studies
- Be currently enrolled in an MBA program at an accredited University. Must be enrolled in a program for the duration of the internship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline. Students working towards MSc. And PhD degrees with a minor in business and entrepreneurship are welcome.
- Experience with scripting queries with professional databases and online sources of scientific information such as NCBI PubMed preferred
- Experience querying, exporting, and uploading data and structures preferred
- Prior work experience in drafting New Product Introduction business cases preferred.
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills and self-starter attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills