Systems and Software Integration Engineer
Fremont, CA /
About ProbiusDx Inc.:
We are Probius, an emerging venture-backed life science company developing next generation biochemical analysis solutions that combine quantum sensing and AI. Our technology yields a high-fidelity digital representation of the biochemistry of health for more detailed and predictive insights.
At Probius, we hire the most innovative talent to enable our partners and customers with solutions for their most challenging bioanalysis problems and we strive to extend the boundaries of what is possible. We foster the spirit of innovation by promoting responsible risk taking, open-mindedness, scientific excellence and integrity, open communication, and accountability as individuals and as a team. We are nimble, gritty, and unafraid to explore outside our comfort zone, and motivated to enable human wellness through deep technology and scientific discoveries, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
As systems and software integration engineer, you will be front and center in defining and implementing our life science instrumentation platform solution. You will be joining a highly talented team of engineers and designers and be challenged to build lasting, scalable solutions for bioanalytical workflow validation, customer application pilots, and field product implementations. You will be involved in the entire life cycle of product development and will ensure that the development processes and design standards are followed to enable a robust and user-friendly integration and deployment of instrument embedded software and cloud backend services to deliver bioassay results for customer specific applications.
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed systems software (device, edge, cloud).
- Work with product managers, technical/engineering leads, architect, and other developers (including subcontractors) to build and launch our platform, SDK, and custom assay solutions
- Manage full-stack IoT solution with embedded software for single board computers, edge device networking, distributed software architecture, and cloud-like deployment and management.
- Share responsibility for customer experience / troubleshooting system level problems and debug implementation
- Collaborate with engineering team on circuit design/solution architecture and develop embedded software and edge device networking on selected hardware platforms
- Support the optimization and deployment of end-to-end data acquisition workflows, including customer facing instrument UI/UX and visualization tools.
- Preparation and creation of technical documentation.
Your expertise and qualifications:
- Minimum qualifications:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying embedded software for sensor, controllers, and other hardware as part of distributed sensor solutions
- Proven, hands-on track-record as a software developer in cloud-enabled edge products including experience in AWS and/or Azure IOT platform
- Strong programming skills in general, including object-oriented programming (Java or Python) with experience developing embedded software applications and drivers using with C or C++. Coding/scripting ability in a higher-level language is highly desirable.
- Experience developing embedded system using real-time OS and low power MCU
- Understanding of emerging IoT technologies and communications protocols.
- Experience developing backend applications to manage acquisition and analysis of large amounts of data, including data visualization and data mining, is a plus
- Experience with driving FW/SW development under QC verification guidelines such as DO178, IEC 62304 and/or 21 CFR part 820 compliance.
- Strong technical communication skills in both verbal and written
- Collaborative, innovative, self-motivated, and adaptive to change
- Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field with practical experience.
- The following qualifications are considered a plus:
- Experience working with agile software development team efforts
- Knowledge of different network protocols to transfer data between IoT devices and cloud platforms
- Understanding of device hardening and software security in embedded devices, especially IoT devices, and monitoring of cybersecurity breaches.
Working with us:
ProbiusDx is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive work force. Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a professional work environment and opportunities for growth. Not only you will be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer, product manager and scientist make a significant impact on customer solutions, we also have a good work/life balance making our environment welcoming, fun, and adaptive.