Sensor Test & Characterization Engineer
Fremont, CA /
Product Development and Operations /
Probius is a deep-tech company bridging the data gap between biology and AI, thereby illuminating new opportunities for the way biomedical research and healthcare are practiced. By combining physics, mathematics, and biological data, the company will usher in a new age of AI-enabled biological research and decentralized predictive healthcare. Built on over ten years of R&D, supported by the DoD and early-stage investors, the company is commencing the commercialization of its revolutionary products based on its proprietary Quantum Electrochemical Spectroscopy (QES) technology. www.probius.bio
At Probius, we hire the most innovative talent to provide our partners and customers with solutions for their most challenging bioanalysis problems and extend the boundaries of what is possible. We foster the spirit of innovation by promoting responsible risk taking, open-mindedness, scientific excellence and integrity, open communication, and accountability as individuals and as a team. We are nimble, gritty, unafraid to explore outside our comfort zone, and motivated to enhance human wellness through highly innovative technology and scientific discovery, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Probius is seeking a sensor test & characterization engineer to support its disposable sensor R&D and manufacturing activities. A successful applicant will be operationally minded, able to multi-task and organize multiple efforts and comfortable supporting multiple dynamic and diverse teams. Prior experience in a device test & characterization lead role for advanced sensor product development is highly desirable. We seek individuals who are passionate about the future of biotechnology and medicine and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast startup environment. This position is expected to evolve into a broader managerial role as the company’s customer and market footprint grow. Like all employees in the company, you will have a hands-on role with a high degree of autonomy and are expected to work closely with R&D core teams, outside partners and executive leadership.
Your responsibilities include:
- Sensor product parametric and reliability characterization / qualification
- Interface board, PCB design and bench automation software development for characterization, final test, and QA of disposable sensors
- Parametric yield characterization and failure analysis
- Test and qualification methodology development & implementation
- Production test equipment specification and vendor/turnkey solution selection
- Correlation of bench verification with production test (ATE)
Your expertise and minimum qualifications:
- 5+ years of related experience, ideally involving sensor systems and IC test and reliability qualification.
- Experience deploying test platforms including Automated Test Equipment using data acquisition and instrumentation control software.
- Experience of test software development and scripting languages like python, C, C++, …
- Experience with sensor reliability qualification and testing capacity scaling as part of new product introduction.
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and translate requirements into solutions.
- Strong technical, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate with users and maintain clear, accurate, and up-to-date plans, records, and SOPs.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-functional team
- Willingness to learn new techniques/skills to improve efficiency/integrity of work.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required. Master's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
The following qualifications are considered a plus:
- Working knowledge of analog/digital circuit design
- Knowledge of signal integrity and electro-chemistry lab equipment
- Background and hands-on working knowledge of data visualization and analysis tools using software packages and/or custom programming (e.g. MATLAB, R, Python).
- Familiarity with statistical analyses
Working with us:
Probius is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a professional work environment and growth opportunities. Not only will you be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer, product manager and scientist makes a significant impact on customer solutions, we also have a good work/life balance making our environment welcoming, fun, and adaptive.
Visit us at www.probius.bio