Senior Mechanical Engineer
Fremont, CA /
About ProbiusDx Inc.:
We are Probius, an emerging venture-backed life science company developing next generation biochemical analysis solutions that combine quantum sensing and AI. Our technology yields a high-fidelity digital representation of the biochemistry of health for more detailed and predictive insights.
At Probius, we hire the most innovative talent to enable our partners and customers with solutions for their most challenging bioanalysis problems and we strive to extend the boundaries of what is possible. We foster the spirit of innovation by promoting responsible risk taking, open-mindedness, scientific excellence and integrity, open communication, and accountability as individuals and as a team. We are nimble, gritty, and unafraid to explore outside our comfort zone, and motivated to enable human wellness through deep technology and scientific discoveries, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be front and center in defining and implementing mechanical assemblies supporting internal workflows and customer facing instruments. This involves handling all aspects of mechanical design and fabrication of our products and workflows, including industrial design and end-user experience. Like all employees in the company, you will have a hands-on role with a high degree of autonomy, and this requires someone with a self-starter mindset. As a key contributor of the product design team, you will be responsible for translating functional requirements into concepts, converting the concept into a CAD model, specifying and ordering the necessary parts, assembling prototypes and early production, and maintaining design, manufacturing and quality resources. You will be joining a highly talented team of electrical, sensor and firmware engineers and be challenged to build lasting, scalable solutions for bioanalytical and production workflows, customer application pilots, and field instruments.
- Definition of hardware platforms that effectively meet performance, cost and project scheduling requirements. Projects may range from simple mechanical adapters to multi-part assemblies to full instrument/UX design.
- Conception, design, development, testing, and support of complex instrumentation consisting of electrochemical, mechanical, electronic, and robotic subsystems. Design of precision mechanisms and positioning systems incorporating low-cost custom linear motion components.
- Guide and implement product industrial design concepts, from product marketing driven ideation to manufacturability, prototyping and scaling to pilot production.
- Releases systems into production. Support systems as needed. Supports the manufacturing operations as required.
Your expertise and qualifications:
- Minimum qualifications:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience designing instrumentation
- Demonstrated track record of taking a design from concept to production.
- Tolerance analysis of mechanical systems, working knowledge of ANSI Y14.5
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as machining, optical fabrication, sheet metal fabrication, urethane casting, pressure forming, and injection molding.
- Familiar with various methods of rapid prototyping, and able to weigh the trade-offs of various manufacturing techniques to deliver a functional, cost-effective, on-time product.
- Understanding of the Product Life Cycle process, ECO release, and documentation.
- Communicates effectively with engineers, scientists, customers and other department personnel.
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering.
- The following qualifications are considered a plus:
- Practical experiences using 3D printing
- Experience with ID concept designs using Adobe Creative Suite / Solidworks / Keyshot
- Experience with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 QMS requirements
- Knowledge about safety procedures and regulatory agency compliance requirements (FDA/CE/TUV)
Working with us:
ProbiusDx is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive work force. Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a professional work environment and opportunities for growth. Not only you will be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer, product manager and scientist make a significant impact on customer solutions, we also have a good work/life balance making our environment welcoming, fun, and adaptive.