Head of Software - Cloud Solution Architect
Fremont, CA /
About ProbiusDx Inc.:
We are Probius, an emerging venture-backed life science company developing next generation biochemical analysis solutions that combine quantum sensing and AI. Our technology yields a high-fidelity digital representation of the biochemistry of health for more detailed and predictive insights.
At Probius, we hire the most innovative talent to enable our partners and customers with solutions for their most challenging bioanalysis problems and we strive to extend the boundaries of what is possible. We foster the spirit of innovation by promoting responsible risk taking, open-mindedness, scientific excellence and integrity, open communication, and accountability as individuals and as a team. We are nimble, gritty, and unafraid to explore outside our comfort zone, and motivated to enable human wellness through deep technology and scientific discoveries, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
As head of software engineering in charge of our cloud solutions you will be front and center in defining and implementing the company’s entire SaaS solution. This includes the definition, implementation and deployment of our software solution which is a key element of our biomolecular testing platform as a service. The software solution encompasses data acquisition, cloud-based computing, deployment and pipelining of machine learning models and customer interface for bioanalytical assay development and delivery. Like all employees in the company, you will have a hands-on role with a high degree of autonomy, and this requires someone with a self-starter mindset. As a leader of software development efforts, you will be responsible for the implementation, validation, and maintenance of the suite of cloud-based software tools defined by internal R&D and customer requirements and will work closely with the company management as well as the product application and marketing teams and our end-users.
- Software platform and product definition/feasibility assessment - Set technical vision and drive consensus around the implementation of our cloud-based analytical infrastructure and UI/UX
- Defining implementation approach and development roadmap, including translating business ideas into user stories.
- Seek out and discover opportunities to automate development workflows and improve efficiency - Improve software developer experience and end-user experience by centralizing redundant tasks and infrastructure.
- Design, develop and deploy our CI/CD pipeline across our various software products.
- Design, develop and deploy analytics and telemetry solutions.
- Operational management for a multi-location, multi-product team doing software development, DevOps, Cloud SaaS based infrastructure and customer facing corporate IT.
- Support the optimization and deployment of end-to-end data analytics algorithms, including customer facing visualization tools.
- Responsibility for engineering standards and quality (including Software Quality Assurance, Data Security practices, policies, procedures and best practices).
Your expertise and qualifications:
- Minimum qualifications:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience building software products at scale
- Demonstrated core competency in management of software product development and deployment with beta-customers, including working with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, …), database technologies, and orchestration/configuration management tools in CI/CD frameworks.
- Proficiency with container technologies and orchestration technologies.
- Experience working with various Source Code control systems, scripting languages/frameworks for build automation.
- Technical knowledge in scalable distributed systems, data infrastructure, machine learning, cloud platforms, virtualization technologies, DevOps.
- Passion for cutting edge, deep technologies, and early-stage product development.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Operational management experience for software development with a multi-location, multi-product team
- Education: M.Sc. or higher degree in computer science, or related engineering disciplines. Relevant experience may offset degree requirement.
- The following qualifications are considered a plus:
- Database administration and SQL knowledge
- Experience developing software product in an Agile Scrum environment, preferably in the life sciences and/or healthcare space.
- Experience working with regression suites and automation scripts for validation.
- Exposure to data security, management and practices with familiarity with data security best practices specific to the life sciences and healthcare space.
- Experience in software development for bioanalytical applications and IoT hardware frameworks.
Working with us:
ProbiusDx is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive work force. Our company offers a competitive salary and benefits package, a professional work environment and opportunities for growth. Not only you will be joining a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer, product manager and scientist make a significant impact on customer solutions, we also have a good work/life balance making our environment welcoming, fun, and adaptive.