Intern Program – Software and Manufacturing Engineering
Fremont, CA /
Internship program /
About ProbiusDx Inc.:
We are Probius, an emerging venture-backed life science company developing next generation biochemical analysis solutions that combine quantum sensing and AI. Our technology yields a high-fidelity digital representation of the biochemistry of health for more detailed and predictive insights.
At Probius, we hire the most innovative talent to enable our partners and customers with solutions for their most challenging bioanalysis problems and we strive to extend the boundaries of what is possible. We foster the spirit of innovation by promoting responsible risk taking, open-mindedness, scientific excellence and integrity, open communication, and accountability as individuals and as a team. We are nimble, gritty, and unafraid to explore outside our comfort zone, and motivated to enable human wellness through deep technology and scientific discoveries, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Intern with us:
Our Internship program is 10 weeks long starting in June 2021. All positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. We recruit interns for various functions across the company. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly knowledge sessions with the company leadership, and activities with other Probius interns and the opportunity to present to the leadership team at the end of the program.
As software development Intern in a company bringing cutting-edges solutions at the intersection of life sciences and technology, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in multiple design and innovation projects under the direction of a highly skilled and tight-knit team where every engineer, product manager and scientist make a significant impact on customer solutions. As you become part of a startup organization, you will also have a lot of room to create and grow with plenty of autonomy and learning opportunity by getting exposed to all the stages of a product in our manufacturing and quality process. You will get a chance to show your attention to detail and passion for the development of software and automation directed to manufacturing engineering and productivity improvement which could open the door to a full-time position and the opportunity to join the Probius family as the first step in your career.
For this specific internship period, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Develop software scripts that boost productivity in the fab and the lab
- Connect and program various hardware to create a robotic handler to perform parametric tests and output measurements to a database
- Script routines to automatically register & measure image features and output measurements to a database
- Develop and leverage classification algorithms to support inspection and quality assurance workflows
- Apply your knowledge in a real-world business application
- Participate in a structured teamwork with the opportunity to practice reporting and presentation skills
- In 3rd or 4th year of college graduate BS or BA programs. Students working towards MSc. And PhD degrees are welcome
- At least 2 years programming experience in Java, Python, C++, or other mainstream language
- Experience with machine learning modeling and classification algorithms.
- Professional demeanor with strong interpersonal skills and self-starter attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.