SDE 2 Backend - NodeJS
We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures, Accel and Y-Combinator. In the past year we grew revenue nearly 10x and We are excited to share that Prodigal has recently raised it's Series A funding led by Menlo Ventures as well. We are looking to continue to grow aggressively and are hiring stellar Backend Engineers to drive our next phase of growth.
Our core product offering helps automate lending operations for financial services firms across the lending value chain. The Prodigal team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low value manual workflows, and poor customer experience- our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.
🏆 What will you be doing
- Work in a collaborative environment to build and maintain highly scalable and performant backends of web applications.
- Scale up and maintain mission-critical real-time infrastructure that supports our real-time suite of products
- Build and maintain responsive, highly scalable APIs that power our web application as well as end-user accessible direct API endpoints
- Design and implement databases and other associated storage and indexing systems for high performance of our applications while maintaining efficient compute and storage usage
- Conduct detailed code reviews to help maintain a high quality of R&D and production code; actively refactor the existing code base with a view to reduce technical debt and upgrade to latest best practices
- Set up every essential (tracking/alerting) to make sure the infrastructure/software you built is working as expected
🔍 What we look for
- 3+ years of experience building production-grade backend applications using Node.js
- Experience working with databases. Experience working with NoSQL databases is a big plus.
- Working knowledge of core AWS services
- Programming experience with both Python and Node.js is a plus
- Excellent coding skills - should be able to convert design into code fluently
- High level of comfort with github, gitlab or equivalent
- Experience with docker, kubernetes is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Agile enough to learn new technology if needed.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment where you adapt to and grow with a rapidly growing team and company.
🎁 What we offer
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies, and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own.
- Health insurance. Health always comes first. The health of your family is as important to us, as it is to you. We offer insurance coverage for both you and your family.
- Talented, knowledgeable colleagues. You’ll get the chance to learn from (and teach) some of the brightest and most skilled people you’ll ever meet. Your talent is going to blossom here.
- Continuous education. As relentless seekers of knowledge, we sponsor and support any training materials, books, courses, exam fees for upskilling yourself in areas related to your role - but that's not where it ends. If you make a good case for some extra learning, we're delighted to foot the tab.
- Flexible schedule. We're not a "clock in, clock out" company. Morning person? Start work while the world’s still sleeping. Night owl? Ramp things up while others are winding down. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates for a good chunk of the day.
- Generous leave policy. Take all the time you need to recharge your batteries - no permission process or vacation allowance here. Because a rested, relaxed, and refreshed mind is a happy and effective mind.
From day 1, Prodigal has been defined by talented, humble, and hungry leaders and we want this mindset and culture to continue to blossom from top to bottom in the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to work in a fast-paced, intellectually-stimulating environment where you will be pushed to grow, then please reach out because we are looking to build a transformational company that reinvents one of the biggest industries in the US.