Los Angeles /
What is Repeat?
Repeat is a SaaS platform that enables Consumer Packaged Goods brands to turn one-time buyers into repeat customers. Our Smart Replenishment software learns the habits of consumers, then leverages this data set to deliver frictionless, personalized replenishment experiences for consumers and drive repeat sales while providing powerful insights for CPG brands.
Our Company Values
As an early hire at Repeat, you will have significant impact on every aspect of our company - we're looking for someone who is excited about helping us continue to define Repeat.
When problems arise, we focus on solutions instead of fault. Every employee at Repeat should feel empowered to address issues they encounter and create the company where they want to work.
Everyone has equity - we succeed or fail together.
Kindness is paramount, and being nice is dangerous. We strive to sustain an atmosphere of trust and candor where opposing ideas are valued, and debates are frequent and compassionate.
We believe that demonstrating respect for the consumer by increasing their agency in the reordering experience will generate brand loyalty and maximize lifetime value.
Our company is growing quickly, along with our user base and codebase. We take advantage of change and maintain anti-fragility with a commitment to curiosity and data-driven decision making.
We believe in career development as an extension of self-development — and vice versa.
As a Product Manager, you'll help us create market-defining products for high-growth ecommerce brands. Backed by leading venture funds including Battery Ventures, Harlem Capital, Techstars, Mucker Capital, and Act One Ventures, Repeat is growing fast and looking for our first Product Manager to join our expanding product/engineering team.
As our very first Product Manager, you will build out product processes from the ground up. Ideally, your product experience will allow you to come into the fold opinionated about product development and have go-to processes and strategies that you can implement at Repeat. At the same time, you will empathetically tailor these processes for our customers and our rapidly growing business. As we love to say: strong opinions, loosely held.
As an early team member, you will have a lot of agency, serving as Product Manager for the entire brand-facing experience. You will address challenges for our brand user, for example: using data to provide actionable insights about consumer reordering behavior.
Though you will own the end-to-end brand product, our most important constituent is the consumer -- you will consider the consumer experience at the root of every brand-facing feature you build. You will be someone who is passionate about the future of e-commerce and spend your free time thinking about improving online consumer shopping experiences.
You will join a welcoming and collaborative environment with engineers & designers who love working on challenging problems.
You will thrive in a scrappy environment and are comfortable with ambiguity and frequent shifts as the company works towards product-market fit and learns to operate at scale.
You will have a deep partnership with our Head of Product and work closely with co-founders/executives at the strategy level to define the direction of the product, goals, and priorities. You are also comfortable rolling up your sleeves in the day-to-day, working closely with the engineering team to execute against goals.
- Gain a deep understanding of our customer (brands) and the user of our product (consumers)
- Define & prioritize features based on qualitative/quantitative data, user feedback, market research, etc.
- Manage weekly sprints (sprint planning, story writing, feature scoping, etc.)
- Build, ship, and measure the impact of features
- Refine and scale product-related processes (bug tracking, customer feedback, etc.) and cross-functional workflows
- Coordinate internal product meetings and customer research
- 2-5 years of product management experience
- Experience with SaaS product or ecommerce platforms
- Experience owning product processes at a software company
- Strong customer empathy
- Highly data-driven: you put an emphasis on experimentation in guiding us toward product market fit
- Self aware: You can remain objective when iterating on features, avoiding projecting personal preferences onto users of their products
- Highly organized and detailed: You can run a tight ship, organizing a robust stream of work into cohesive, incremental releases.
- Work well cross-functionally (customer success, marketing, design, etc.)
- Experience working on a small team/startup environment
- Strong analytical skills: comfortable interpreting/visualizing data to make decisions
- Exceptional communication skills both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with Shopify
- Product experience at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience working with consumer brands (CPG-specific is a plus)
- Working at a high-growth VC-backed startup where work-life balance is important
- Budget to shop at some of our awesome brands we work with
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible working location: we’re a hybrid team, so you have the option to work from home and/or work out of an awesome on a startup campus in Marina Del Rey
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision Insurance (covered)
- Vacation is encouraged (and unmetered)