Sr. Software Engineer
What is Repeat?
Repeat is a SaaS platform that enables Consumer Packaged Goods brands to turn one-time buyers into repeat customers. Our Smart Replenishment software learns the habits of consumers, then leverages this data set to deliver frictionless, personalized replenishment experiences for consumers and drive repeat sales while providing powerful insights for CPG brands.
Our Company Values
As an early hire at Repeat, you will have significant impact on every aspect of our company - we're looking for someone who is excited about helping us continue to define Repeat.
When problems arise, we focus on solutions instead of fault. Every employee at Repeat should feel empowered to address issues they encounter and create the company where they want to work.
Everyone has meaningful equity - we succeed or fail together.
Kindness is paramount, and being nice is dangerous. We strive to sustain an atmosphere of trust and candor where opposing ideas are valued, and debates are frequent and compassionate.
We believe that demonstrating respect for the consumer by increasing their agency in the reordering experience will generate brand loyalty and maximize lifetime value.
Our company is growing quickly, along with our user base and codebase. We take advantage of change and maintain anti-fragility with a commitment to curiosity and data-driven decision making.
We believe in career development as an extension of self-development — and vice versa.
Our Engineering Values
Continuous delivery & rapid iteration is important, and only sustainable through continuous improvement - each PR should improve the health of the codebase. We strive to allow features and bug fixes to drive refactors.
Low-ego and high-compassion: a developer is not their code; we strive to give the type of feedback we would hope to receive.
Perfect code doesn’t exist, but we each take complete responsibility in producing excellence - we review code thoroughly, write tests, and design architecture collaboratively.
- You will motivate important technical work and contribute to the technical vision of the company
- You will mentor less senior developers
- You will build and maintain Rails applications with a large audience while the product is experiencing rapid growth - balancing quality, performance, and iteration speed is critical
- You will build brand- and consumer-facing interfaces with React & TypeScript
- You will work closely with our product team to to reduce ambiguity and build the right thing
- You will creating & maintain ETLs and work with large datasets
- You will work on our Shopify App and get to know the Shopify API well
- 5+ years experience shipping web-based products
- Excellent communicator - can clearly communicate requirements, challenges, and product ideas
- A track record of creating well-tested, maintainable code
- Real-world experience building and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience developing RESTful APIs as well as building against external APIs
- Ability to architect and maintain complex React applications
- Experience building Shopify Apps
- Experience or interest in Python and/or data science
- DevOps skills (preferably with AWS)
- Working at a high-growth VC-backed startup where work-life balance is important
- Budget for lunches & snacks
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation is encouraged (and unmetered)