RabbitHole is paving the way for web3 users to become web3 contributors.
In a space of immense speculation and infinite noise, RabbitHole guides users through web3, equipping them with on-chain credentials that prove the knowledge they’ve gained. RabbitHole uses these credentials to help top crypto projects find the best participants for their protocol.
As users build their on-chain credentials, RabbitHole will become the best place to find contributors and discover work in web3.
RabbitHole is backed by top crypto investors and traditional investors alike, including Electric Capital, Greylock, TCG, Chapter One, and more.
We are looking for a General Counsel to lead all legal and regulatory functions for RabbitHole. Joining our team now as General Counsel means you’ll play an integral role in shaping RabbitHole’s transition into an industry-leading DAO.
If you’re applying for this job, you are endlessly curious about the emerging web3 ecosystem and are passionate about creating a future that is more meritocratic.
You are an experienced leader who can help our eventual community-led organization make informed decisions that consider legal, regulatory, and risk implications. The crypto space is rapidly evolving, so we are looking for someone who is excited by the challenge of constantly staying informed about the fast-paced, ambiguous environment, and translating those learnings to the team and community.
We are a remote-first company, so we’re looking for an independent, but collaborative, leader who is open to the occasional travel for events and company off-sites – in true crypto spirit, we enjoy vibing together.
- Set the overall legal strategy and manage all internal legal matters: As General Counsel, you will be responsible for RabbitHole’s legal strategy. You will define how RabbitHole manages legal and regulatory requirements. You will represent RabbitHole or manage counsel in any required legal or regulatory proceedings. You will manage engagements with outside counsel, and if needed, build a legal team.You will develop and implement company policies, standards, and contracts. You will be the go-to person on the team and within the community for any and all legal questions.
- Advise protocol, product, and DAO design: You'll work closely collaborating with our CEO, our leadership team, and our community to design the inner workings of our DAO.. You will use your legal and regulatory knowledge to identify risks, inform the team of trade-offs to consider, and help the team make balanced decisions to mitigate risk as we create a protocol and a DAO. Your advice will directly influence our product roadmap and what the RabbitHole protocol becomes.
- Manage the DAO’s legal functions: You’ll create legal entities that manage and support our eventual DAO. You will provide legal oversight for the day-to-day operations of the DAO, ranging in functions such as contributor payments, grant programs, governance process, fundraising, and more.
- A JD or an equivalent degree, and an active bar membership in good standing in at least one US state
- 5+ years of experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department, preferably (but not required) in the crypto space
- An understanding of the current regulatory environment for crypto in the US and internationally
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to the changing crypto landscape
- Strategic thinking and the ability to assess, communicate, and balance risk
- Direct experience with crypto, token, and DAO legal issues
- Contributes or has contributed to DAOs or other crypto projects
- Familiarity with other crypto projects and legal challenges they have faced
If you’re excited to help us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet all the requirements in this posting. We’re not looking for people that simply check boxes. We're most excited about people that are passionate about our mission, values, and drive to create a more meritocratic future.