Electrical Systems Designer
San Jose, CA /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing/Engineering Team /
We are seeking an Electrical Systems Designer / Drafter who will be responsible for design and drafting electrical systems and components for industrial control panels. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in electrical engineering and experience with power distribution, control systems, and machine and process safety.
Skills and Specifications
- Produce electrical control system schematics, wiring diagrams, bill of materials (BOM) and documentation of machinery using computer aided design tools and product life cycle management systems.
- Develop and Maintain electronic CAD parts libraries (schematic symbols and physical footprint).
- Determine electrical enclosure sizing and cooling requirement.
- Design the layout of electrical and control enclosures per industry best practices.
- Develop and Execute test protocols for the control panels
- Ensure industry machine and safety standards are met in regards to CE, NFPA, UL, CSA, OSHA, etc.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, energetic environment and manage competing priorities. Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Comply with company’s policies and guidelines regarding design control, validation activities and documentation.
Skills and Specifications
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or AutoCAD Electrical .
- Knowledge of industry standards (CE, NFPA, UL, CSA, OSHA, etc.)
- Experience with PLC and motion controllers
- Experience with servo motors and drivers
- Experience with panel layout and fabrication methods using industry best practices
- Must have solid problem solving skills and communication skills
Education and/or Job Experience
- 2-year degree in electronics or related field and 3+ years of electrical design experience in industrial controls, processing, and machine building.
$106,000 - $130,000 a year
Rani Therapeutics LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Rani Therapeutics LLC is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Our organization's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is key to making us a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results. At Rani Therapeutics, we're committed to a workplace culture where everyone feels comfortable to bring their authentic selves. We pledge to foster inclusion in our organization by promoting psychological safety, embracing differences, and being accountable for our actions. We strive to make Rani a place where each individual feels seen and empowered to reach their highest potential.
Any notes applied to candidates are subject to review for Equal Employment Opportunity hiring policies.