San Jose, CA /
Quality – QA Team /
The Quality Inspector is responsible for supporting all receiving inspection activities, including all aspects of inspection (receiving, first article inspection and in-process). Perform visual and dimensional inspections as defined by our Standard Operating Procedures and Engineering Drawings. This position will be required to determine accept / reject disposition based on inspection results. As the Quality Inspector, you will support the Development and Production/Manufacturing departments with inspections of materials/parts/products, while maintaining compliance with Quality Management System (QMS) procedures.
- Perform inspection of parts/materials received, in-process, and finished products for conformance to specifications and in accordance to QMS procedures
- Perform inspection using a variety of standard metrology equipment, including: Micro-Vu, height gauge, pin gauges, calipers, micrometers, surface table, gauge blocks, dial indicators, durometer, etc.
- Read engineering drawings and interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerance, be able to perform inspection with minimal supervision
- Determine inspection sample size based on procedures, specifications, and standards.
- Perform analysis per the established procedures/specifications to make pass/fail decisions
- Document inspection activities in accordance to quality procedures and Good Documentation Practices
- Maintain accurate records as per Document Control procedures
- Report discrepancies and issues to QA Lead and affected function(s)
- Initiate NCMRs when failed results are obtained or discrepancies are observed during the inspection process
- Assign and apply expiration dating labels to materials/parts, as per the specifications/quality procedures
- Interact closely with different functions of the organization
- Assist in the development of inspection methods to support products under development
- Performs other duties as needed to support the Quality Assurance Department and the company
Education and/or Job Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing inspections
- Micro Vu or similar CMM experience is required
- Experience with AQL Sampling using C=0 Sampling PlanKnowledge and use of precision testing equipment and tools
- Government Regulated Environment experience such as FDA and ISO
- Must have adequate computer experience (knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel)Experience working in a cGMP environment
Skills and Specifications
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Micro vu, Microvu, Micro-vu experience. And did we mention that a great candidate would have Micro vu experience?
Salary Range: $75,296 - $108,000
Rani Therapeutics LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Rani Therapeutics LLC is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Our organization's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is key to making us a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results. At Rani Therapeutics, we're committed to a workplace culture where everyone feels comfortable to bring their authentic selves. We pledge to foster inclusion in our organization by promoting psychological safety, embracing differences, and being accountable for our actions. We strive to make Rani a place where each individual feels seen and empowered to reach their highest potential.
Any notes applied to candidates are subject to review for Equal Employment Opportunity hiring policies.