Senior Automation (Controls) Engineer
San Jose, CA /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing/Engineering Team /
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Automation Engineer to design, develop and validate controller system hardware and software for semi or fully automated equipment that are used for the scale-up of high volume, disposable devices. You will be analyzing system requirements, creating electrical and pneumatic schematics as well as panel layouts, implementing custom programmable logic code, testing system functionality and efficiency, proving system safety, and providing operational support.
- Working closely with R&D, Manufacturing, and Process Engineering groups to develop concepts and ideas for automation where applicable
- Take full ownership of the design, create User Requirements Specification (URS), conduct concept reviews, show proof of concept through prototyping/supporting test data, coordinate with appropriate stakeholders for successful verification/validation, launch and documentation
- Develop engineering designs, including electrical schematics, panel layouts, and bill of materials for equipment. Knowledge of SolidWorks Electrical is a plus
- Hands on PLC Controls system design, development, programming, and validation
- HMI/GUI design and implementation. Apply human factors and usability engineering in the development and modification of software interfaces
- Enable remote management of PLCs, controllers, and HMIs, as well as data logging
- Work with sustaining and maintenance to understand the root cause of control-related failures.
- Provide engineering support, technical guidance, and training to operators
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, energetic environment and manage competing priorities. Strong planning and organizational skills
- Comply with company’s policies and guidelines regarding design control, validation activities and documentation
Education and/or Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field
- 5-7 years of hands-on, relevant experience
- Proficiency expected in one of the following: Allen-Bradley (RSLogix 5000), Siemens, Omron, and or other industry standard PLC platforms
- Working knowledge of Relay Ladder Logic (RLL). Understanding of Structured Text (ST), Functional Block Diagram (FBD), and Sequential Function Charts (SFC)
- Experience in writing HMI user interface using FactoryTalk View and other industry standard Graphic User Interfaces
- Creative, self-motivated, flexible to work in a small company environment and assume a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced engineering degree
- VFD programming and motor control. Working knowledge with SMC motor driver preferred
- Experience with robotics (Epson, Denso, Omron), and machine vision
- PLC technical certification
Salary Range: $162,875 - $196,188
Rani Therapeutics LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Rani Therapeutics LLC is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Our organization's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is key to making us a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results. At Rani Therapeutics, we're committed to a workplace culture where everyone feels comfortable to bring their authentic selves. We pledge to foster inclusion in our organization by promoting psychological safety, embracing differences, and being accountable for our actions. We strive to make Rani a place where each individual feels seen and empowered to reach their highest potential.
Any notes applied to candidates are subject to review for Equal Employment Opportunity hiring policies.