CNC Machinist Programmer
San Jose, CA /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing/Engineering Team /
To assist with the development of medical devices by performing key supporting technical tasks including designing, machining, prototyping, and testing.
- Produce mechanical parts utilizing CNC vertical machining center, manual lathes and mills, and other machine shop equipment.
- Experience working with a wide variety of materials, including Aluminum, Tool Steels, Stainless, and plastics such as acetal, polycarbonate, and PEEK.
- Ability to manufacture extremely small parts, ranging from 0.005” to 0.100” with tolerance down to 0.0002”.
- Expert knowledge working with computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
- Determine the fixtures, attachments, and tools necessary to complete jobs according to specifications, and mount them to machine prior to beginning cutting.
- Discuss project specifications with engineers and supervisors to guarantee consistency between plans and products and collaborate to modify designs when existing ones are not feasible.
- Modify machine speed, tooling and cutting style to ensure precision and accuracy of manufactured parts. Understand tooling and tooling geometry.
- Oversee cutting process and make adjustments throughout each job, catch mistakes as they happen and take necessary measures to eliminate errors.
- Supervise machine temperatures, ensure that machine has adequate warm-up and cool-down time between jobs. Monitor coolant mix rate and adjust accordingly.
- Review and interpret cutting plans, enter them into control outlets before jobs and alter them to correct mistakes when necessary.
- Inspect all finished products for accuracy and uniformity to ensure product quality.
- Assembly, troubleshoot, and integrate components into systems as required.
- Understanding and ability to set up basic test equipment, test tools, and measurement equipment such as micrometers, calipers, test indicators, optical comparators, and other precision equipment.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance of equipment and inventory of tooling.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations, and ensuring a safe work environment for others as required by both machine manufacturer and company policies
- Follows company SOP’s, work instructions, and any other Quality Assurance documentation as directed for operations.
Education and/or Job Experience
- Technical degree or certificate in machine shop technology, machine tool technology/machinist
- 5+ years of experience working in a machine shop in environment
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical drawings and GD&T
- Ability to follow detailed written and/or verbal work instructions
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks, Mastercam, or other related CAD/CAM software
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and quality of work
- Willingness to learn new technology and contribute to a positive team spirit
- Creative, self-motivated, and flexible to work in a small company environment and assume a wide variety of tasks
Salary Range: $90,000 - $120,000
Rani Therapeutics LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Rani Therapeutics LLC is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Our organization's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is key to making us a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results. At Rani Therapeutics, we're committed to a workplace culture where everyone feels comfortable to bring their authentic selves. We pledge to foster inclusion in our organization by promoting psychological safety, embracing differences, and being accountable for our actions. We strive to make Rani a place where each individual feels seen and empowered to reach their highest potential.
Any notes applied to candidates are subject to review for Equal Employment Opportunity hiring policies.