Research Scientist - Bioanalytical
San Jose, CA /
Bio Group – Bioanalytics Team /
Rani Therapeutics has developed a disruptive technology, RaniPillTM capsule that facilitates the oral delivery of biologics. Working at Rani Therapeutics involves taking a multi-disciplinary approach based on traditional device technologies such as mechanical engineering and material science in combination with pharma-centric disciplines such as physiology, pharmacology, chemistry and protein therapeutics. This unique environment allows Rani Therapeutics to address the most complex, unsolved problem of oral biologics delivery. The Research scientist plays a pivotal role in our R & D department on novel projects involving drug-device combinations for treating chronic diseases with the potential to dramatically impact patient outcomes.
- To design and undertake high quality scientific experimentation resulting in formulation and process development of parenteral dosage forms.
- Demonstrated experience in immediate and sustained release parenteral formulations.
- Extensive knowledge in advanced drug delivery systems and their pharmaceutical applications, such as emulsions, suspensions, polymer, nanoparticle, PLGA microspheres and colloidal systems
- Design novel device components to advance device pill development.
- To assess the chemical and physical stability of formulations in collaboration with analytical departments and to identify appropriate stability, manufacturability, and performance issues.
- To interpret scientific data to derive clear conclusions and contribute to the direction for future work.
- To communicate effectively to the project team and present data at team meetings.
- To maintain high quality documentation of all activities in notebooks, reports as required.
- Participate in tech transfer from R&D to Manufacturing as appropriate
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
Education and/or Job Experience
- M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related fields.
- Must have 1+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology research experience.
- Title will be commensurate with experience
- Analytical benchwork experience is a MUST
Skills and Specifications
- Experience in working with drug-device combination products is a plus
- Experience of working in GLP/GMP regulated environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Salary Range - $85,000 - $117,957
Rani Therapeutics LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Rani Therapeutics LLC is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Our organization's commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is key to making us a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results. At Rani Therapeutics, we're committed to a workplace culture where everyone feels comfortable to bring their authentic selves. We pledge to foster inclusion in our organization by promoting psychological safety, embracing differences, and being accountable for our actions. We strive to make Rani a place where each individual feels seen and empowered to reach their highest potential.
Any notes applied to candidates are subject to review for Equal Employment Opportunity hiring policies.