San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY /
Design – Brand & Graphic /
Rapt Studio is an award-winning design and strategy studio that helps leading brands navigate the complex challenges of this ever-changing world. With locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York — and with clients spanning the globe — we bring fresh thinking and a highly customized approach to each and every partnership. Our interdisciplinary teams blend architecture, interior design, graphic design, branding, and strategic thinking into holistic solutions that further our clients’ missions. Our agile approach earned us the distinction of being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
We’ve been remote-first since March 2020, but plan to be together for key studio and team days in our three locations in the fall of 2021.
Vital to our studio’s success, the Art Director is intimately involved in projects across Rapt’s teams and locations. They are charged with considering every touchpoint involved in projects while ensuring that client engagements meet expectations. Responsible for the depth and strategy applied to Rapt’s design work from conception to realization, this person lends their perspective and expertise from the visual and graphic design realm.
The Art Director is at the frontlines of our creative interface with clients, serving as the liaison with our teams and working closely with Account Directors in coordinating communication. They work with our Strategy Director and Design Directors to assure that all projects are seen through multiple lenses and delivered on the promise of the power of our interdisciplinary process.
This person is also responsible for assisting in the development of pitches and interviews so that the studio can continue thriving with interesting, challenging projects.
- 10+ years of experience working in a creative agency, design studio, or similar environment
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch, and G-Suite
- Experience leading project teams from concept to delivery
- Experience mentoring, developing, and guiding younger design staff
- Proven record of leading pitches and winning work
We’re looking for someone with:
- Familiarity with project delivery, schedule/budget review, freelance/partner coordination, and client interface
- Experience creating and leading partnerships with other agencies, vendors, and/or multidisciplinary consultants
- Strong visual, graphic, communication, and organization skills
- Experience in digital, three-dimensional, and art realms
- A willingness and ability to tackle the unexpected and unknown
- An interest in working collaboratively and iteratively with others
- An interest in pursuing further education and inspiration
- Foresight and exceptional conceptual thinking skills
- Confidence in decision-making and risk-taking
- A positive outlook, especially in challenging situations
- Self-editing instincts
Rapt Studio offers a suite of competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
Generous options for medical, dental, vision insurance
Location flexibility and unlimited paid time off (PTO)
Tax-deferred savings through FSA, parking and transit allocations, and a 401K with employer contribution
Complimentary One Medical memberships