Studio Lead (Senior Creative Resource/Project Manager)
Los Angeles, CA /
Rapt Studio is an award-winning design and strategy studio that helps leading brands navigate the complex challenges of this ever-changing world. With locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York — and with clients spanning the globe — we bring fresh thinking and a highly customized approach to each and every partnership. Our interdisciplinary teams blend architecture, interior design, graphic design, branding, and strategic thinking into holistic solutions that further our clients’ missions. Our agile approach earned us the distinction of being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
We’re embracing the future of work with a hybrid approach. We spend 2-3 days in the studio each week as a team, and we also have days where we work from home. Ultimately, we trust our staff to know how and where they will do their best work.
Studio Leads are crucial to the success of our studio. They focus primarily on optimizing resources and structure and systems, weaving together individuals, teams, and the studio holistically to improve and maximize Rapt’s work.
At Rapt, Studio Leads hold a resource and project management position. They’re responsible for overseeing the studio’s delivery process, new business proposal and scope development, project onboarding, mentorship of Project Leads, and project operations. Ultimately they’re responsible for ensuring teams are thoughtfully constructed to deliver projects on time, within budget, and exceeding client expectations. They work closely with Finance, Design Directors, and Project Leads to strategically manage studio resources.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 10+ years of experience including 5+ years as a creative project or resource manager. Experience in a design studio is preferred.
- Experience in developing new business proposals, project budgets and accounting practices, and workplan and fees.
- In depth experience in contract development and management, and risk management.
- Experience with construction and architecture, interior design, and/or graphic design practices is a plus.
- An intimate understanding of capacity, internal resources as well as an ability to flag challenges and opportunities and problem solve.
- Experience planning for complex projects and cross location and cross functional teams.
- An ability to source and manage freelance resources and consultant partners, expanding studio capability infrastructure.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A flexible and creative approach to optimizing teams, project delivery processes, and studio operations
- An ability and passion to mentor Project Leads in project and process management
- An interest in empowering a team and its individual members to deliver the best possible work
- Effective, responsive, and empathetic communication
- Foresight and good intuition as applied to team dynamics and new business opportunities
- Confidence and assertiveness in the decision-making process
- An interest in tackling the unexpected and unknown
- A strong sense of accountability
- A knack for simplifying and solving problems
Compensation is based on relevant experience and qualifications. Salary for this role is estimated between $90,000 to $140,000 plus benefits and bonuses.
Rapt Studio offers a suite of competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
Generous options for medical, dental, vision insurance
Location flexibility and unlimited paid time off (PTO)
Tax-deferred savings through FSA, parking and transit allocations, and a 401K with employer contribution
Complimentary One Medical memberships