Project Designer (Interior Design/Architecture)
New York, NY
Design – Space /
Rapt is an award-winning design and strategy studio that helps leading brands navigate the complex challenges of this ever-changing world. With locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York — and with clients spanning the globe — we bring fresh thinking and a highly customized approach to each and every partnership. Our interdisciplinary teams blend architecture, interior design, brand experience, graphic design, and strategic thinking into holistic solutions that further our clients’ missions. Our agile approach earned us the distinction of being named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies.
We’re embracing the future of work with a hybrid approach. We spend 3 days in the studio each week as a team, and we also have days where we work from home. Ultimately, we trust our staff to know how and where they will do their best work.
About the Role
At Rapt Studio, Project Designers work on multiple projects of varying types and scales while maintaining a keen eye for both design and detail.
They’re at the core of the work we do. With dedication and hard work, they have the potential to grow quickly and become a big part of our creative process and output. We’re looking for someone who’s a strong conceptual thinker, visualizer, and designer.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 4-8+ years of experience working at an architecture or design studio
- Experience working with project teams from concept design through construction
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with project management, construction administration, budget review, building codes, consultant coordination, and client relations
- Ability to develop construction documents for review
- Ability to work with furniture vendors to manage process and deliveries
- Proficiency and interest in 3D visualization
- State licensure or pursuance of state licensure is encouraged
We’re looking for:
- A collaborative individual who isn’t afraid to think outside the box
- A team player with a positive attitude who’s enthusiastic about tackling the unexpected and unknown
- A creative person with strong graphic, organizational, and communication skills
- A conceptual thinker who’s always seeking inspiration
- A person in active pursuit of mentorship and development, willing to take the first step or the first pass at a problem and seeking review and guidance afterward
Compensation is based on relevant experience and qualifications. Salary for this role is estimated between $75,000 to $100,000 plus benefits and bonuses.
Benefits and Perks:
Generous options for medical, dental, vision insurance
Location flexibility and unlimited paid time off (PTO)
Tax-deferred savings through FSA, parking and transit allocations
401K with employer contribution
Complimentary One Medical memberships
New hire referral bonus