Robotics Software Engineer (Remote)
Full Time - Remote
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 45 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
Raptor Maps is looking for a talented full-time Robotics Software Engineer to develop code, connect, and deploy drones and robots in the solar industry. This role works at a fast, startup pace and is multi-faceted as well as cross-functional. The role will push you outside your comfort zone by combining software engineering skills with real-world conditions. For example, one week you may be developing code in simulation, the next two weeks you may be coordinating with our team in the field and testing it at a utility-scale solar farm.
The right candidate for this role will be able to juggle competing priorities, enjoys an outdoor adventure, is excited to travel as needed, and is resourceful.
- Prototype, build, and test software that interfaces with robots and drones
- Design and deploy proof of concepts to test out new technologies with an eye towards building production software systems that scale
- Collaborate with team members and customers to support new and existing technology
- Work with leadership on strategic initiatives and scope field deployments
- Travel to job sites, labs, and conferences to achieve goals and share industry knowledge
- Build relationships with manufacturers, technology integrators, and first movers in the solar industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Hands on experience with commercial-off-the-shelf robots or drones(DJI, Spot, FANUC, etc).
- Experience with modern web software frameworks, APIs, and database systems(e.g. React, SQL, GraphQL)
- Experience with Linux based systems
- Unbiased Problem Solver - You can learn anything if you put your mind to it. You’ve demonstrated the ability to pull inspiration from a variety of fields to solve problems and separate the signal from the noise.
- Intellectual curiosity & drive - You love learning new things fast and staying up to speed on new technology. You’re self-motivated, focused, and are satisfied making an impact.
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
- Paid travel for in-person team trips
- Healthcare with dental and vision options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Desk budget
- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify, and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our Series B!