Austin, TX /
Administration – Administration /
Refraction AI is on a mission to bring the future of last-mile delivery to life. With our fleet of REF-1 autonomous mobile delivery robots we are growing quickly, propelled by exciting advances in robotics technology, demographics, business models, social and regulatory policies. As consumer expectations and requirements change, so must the services and businesses that serve them. In a sector that is struggling to keep up due to legacy costs, dated infrastructure and poor integration, Refraction AI is a breath of fresh air, demonstrating what is possible with a little innovation, a dash of brilliance, and a whole lot of common sense.
Job SummaryPlan, direct, or coordinate the training and development activities for our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Prepare training budget for department or organization.
- Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Review and evaluate training and apprenticeship programs for compliance with government standards.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Conduct or arrange for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Meet key performance indicators and budgetary targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred but not required
- 3+ years training experience, ideally with both online virtual e-learning and in-classroom instructor led learning
- Valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Troubleshooting skills
- G-suite or MS Word suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, be on your feet for long periods of time, and work in outdoor elements.
Reports to: Director of Partnerships & Operations
Employment Opportunity and Benefits of Employment:We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all our employees feel they belong and are excited to represent. We may be a robotics company but we are unapologetically human! We offer a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits including 401k matching*, generous PTO, scheduling flexibility, and opportunities for growth and development in an exciting, early stage, leading edge organization.* subject to time in position requirements