Electrical Engineer - Harnessing
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Engineering – Engineering /
Full-time - On-site
REGENT is building the seaglider; the first electric flying machine that will transport commercial passengers. With a vehicle that never flies higher than a few meters off the water, we unlock the ability to fly twice as far as an electric aircraft, and certification by maritime authorities which will let us fly first passengers by mid-decade.
We are backed by the world’s best investors: the same investors who are behind SpaceX, Anduril, and Boom Supersonic, in addition to strategic investors like Lockheed Martin, Japan Airlines, and Hawaiian Airlines. We have over $8B in orders from some of the industry’s largest operators and are hard at work getting our full-scale, human-carrying prototype on the water next year.
As an Electrical Engineer focusing on harnessing, you will help REGENT design, document, and test cables and harnesses to support both testing and the full-scale prototype seaglider vehicle. In this role, you will support schematic capture, harness drawings and detailed design, routing design, power loss calculations, and develop processes within the Avionics group. You will also work with internal technicians and external vendors to support fabrication and subsequent testing of harnesses.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support common testing processes related to EMI, HiPot, signal integrity, and IR testing while using common test equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, data acquisition systems, etc.)
- Specify connectorization throughout the vehicle utilizing a range of connectors such as mil-spec circular connectors (such as the D38999 series), their accessories, as well as other components related to harnessing design and fabrication (over braids, splices, stand-offs, etc.)
- Support REGENT's start-up efforts by performing hands-on work to fabricate harnesses and cables for testing.
- Work closely with the Electrical/Avionics, Propulsion, and Structural/Mechanical design teams to complete integrated solutions.
- Utilize basic electrical and mechanical principles to design and analyze harnessing for signal integrity, power loss, and sufficient mounting provisions.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the Aerospace, Maritime or Automotive fields
- Extensive experience producing schematics and wiring harness drawings
- Solid foundation in electrical engineering principles including basic circuit design, signal processing, transmission line theory, etc.
- Experience working with in-house technicians and outside vendors to produce harnesses
- Strong organization and communication skills and a willingness to learn and teach
- Biased toward action while maintaining a focus on safety and quality
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with Siemens Capital (Vesys)
- Experience with high-power electric propulsion systems and power electronics
- Familiarity with RF communication systems
- Prototyping and production manufacturing experience of cable and harness components and assemblies
- Experience with a CAD package such as CATIA, NX, or Solidworks
- Experience using MATLAB/Simulink, Python, or other programming tools for varying purposes ranging from data reduction to analysis/simulation
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with shop tools and their proper use as well as best practices regarding the assembly and testing of both low and high-voltage electrical systems including soldering, wire stripping and splicing, connector pin/socket crimping and assembly, etc.
- Familiarity with various communication protocols (Ethernet, CAN, RS485, ARINC)
- FAA pilot’s license or boating/sailing experience
- Avionics technician experience
Working at REGENT, you’ll be in a fast-paced environment with exciting new challenges daily and abundant opportunities for growth. Your coworkers are passionate about building zero-emission, high-speed seagliders that will revolutionize coastal transportation. Our team works collaboratively and across disciplines to safely marry the latest technologies from Aviation, Aerospace, and Maritime engineering. REGENT offers competitive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision plans as well as an employee equity incentive plan.
REGENT is committed to providing our employees with benefits to support their complete well-being, from excellent health, dental, and vision insurance, to an unlimited vacation policy.
Our Benefits include:
· 100% of annual premiums covered for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
· Relocation packages offered
· HSA plans available
· Paid parental leave
· Employee equity incentive plan
· Free lunch catered daily
· Office amenities include snacks, drinks, and coffee and espresso bar
· Dog-friendly office
· Flexible hours and generous PTO
· Paid holidays, including company summer and winter breaks
· 401(k) plan
REGENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.