New York, NY /
Insurance – Underwriting /
Resilience is the next-generation cyber risk company that’s on a mission to help make the world cyber resilient.
Founded in 2016 by experts from across the highest tiers of the US military and intelligence communities, augmented by prominent leaders and innovators from the insurance and technology industries, the privately-held firm is rewriting the rules of how cyber risk is assessed and managed for middle to large market enterprises. Rooted in decades of experience, Resilience helps financial, risk, and information security leaders continuously improve their organizations' cyber resilience by connecting cyber insurance coverage with advanced cybersecurity visibility and a shared plan to reinforce actionable cyber hygiene.
Resilience is proud to be backed by leading technology investment firms including General Catalyst, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Intact Ventures, Founders Fund, CRV, and Shield Capital. With headquarters in San Francisco, Resilience’s team is globally dispersed, with offices in New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Toronto, and London. Resilience offers insurance coverage through its licensed and appointed insurance agency and security services through its expert security team.
For more information, visit us at www.cyberresilience.com
Resilience is looking for proven underwriters with a passion for building a holistic cyber risk management model, combining security and insurance into a single offering. Resilience Underwriters are responsible for engagement with brokers, clients and partners, successfully executing business plans to achieve responsible growth. Working closely with our in-house security expertise, underwriters should collaborate across the Resilience organization to provide best in-class support and partnership for our clients.
● Work closely with the team to deliver strategy and drive growth for primary and excess cyber business.
● Develop relationships and educate brokers to maximize opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
● Achieve set targets for new business premium, security engagement, renewal premium retention and rate change.
● Adhering to company guidelines and underwriting authority, evaluate new and renewal accounts to determine risk acceptability, contractual terms, and pricing.
● Demonstrate sound risk and pricing decision making, incorporating technology/security resources and traditional underwriting principles.
● Collaborate with technology and security teams to develop and execute client engagement strategies.
● 5+ years’ experience as a cyber underwriter/broker with a proven track record of growth
● A strong network of broker and underwriting relationships or a deep knowledge of Cyber Security
● Passion for collaboration and the future of cyber insurance
● Strong communication skills
● Deep knowledge of the cyber insurance markets across assigned territory
● Technical fluency in G-Suite
● Professional references required
What Resilience Offers You
-Our comprehensive package: competitive salary, stock options, bonus structure and a 401K plan.
-We understand you need time off to recharge. Our employees are given flexible PTO, that they are encouraged to use!
-Flexible work environment and a remote first work culture. Resilience also has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Baltimore for local and traveling employees.
-Resilience offers competitive health plans for employees.
-As a quickly growing company, we are able to offer employees professional development and career growth opportunities.
-Connection: interest driven Slack channels help to keep our remote workforce connected with one another (#foodies, #pets, #fitness), as well as company off-site events.
Accommodations and Accessibility
We want to ensure you're able to perform as well as possible in your interview. As part of that, if you have any accessibility-related needs to ensure a comfortable visit, please let us know. We'll do our best to provide reasonable accommodations to suit your working style during your interview and if you join our team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to: Natalie Venice at email@example.com.