Senior Payroll Specialist
New York, NY
Operations – Human Resources /
Resilience is the next-generation cyber risk company that’s on a mission to help make the world cyber resilient.
Founded in 2016 by experts from across the highest tiers of the US military and intelligence communities, augmented by prominent leaders and innovators from the insurance and technology industries, the privately-held firm is rewriting the rules of how cyber risk is assessed and managed for middle to large market enterprises. Rooted in decades of experience, Resilience helps financial, risk, and information security leaders continuously improve their organizations' cyber resilience by connecting cyber insurance coverage with advanced cybersecurity visibility and a shared plan to reinforce actionable cyber hygiene.
Resilience is proud to be backed by leading technology investment firms including General Catalyst, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Intact Ventures, Founders Fund, CRV, and Shield Capital. With headquarters in San Francisco, Resilience’s team is globally dispersed, with offices in New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Toronto, and London. Resilience offers insurance coverage through its licensed and appointed insurance agency and security services through its expert security team.
For more information, visit us at www.cyberresilience.com
EST Timezone Required
We are seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist with expertise in system migrations and familiarity with Paylocity, to join our Human Resources team and support our expanding workforce.
- Calculation, preparation, and review of payroll, ensuring compliance with company policy, and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Main point of contact employee inquiries.
- Process domestic and international payroll for various employee types (salaried, hourly, 1099).
- Manage system upgrades and enhancements, including coordination with ADP Customer Support for time and attendance updates, deductions, and report changes.
- Ensure compliance with all payroll regulations and respond to tax notices; manage tax reporting and W-2 compliance.
- Collaborate with the HR and Finance team
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct, relevant experience in global payroll processing and operations including experience with ADP and Paylocity ( Blue Marble a plus)
- Previous experience leading or assisting in migrating data from ADP to Paylocity setup and optimizing these systems.
- Experience with setting up and maintaining an in house payroll system
- Extensive knowledge of payroll systems, time-off, and time & attendance systems, including ADP
- Expertise with federal and state labor laws (Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, etc.), and knowledge of payroll tax codes and regulations.
- Experience with system migrations, and Paylocity ( Blue Marble,Globalization Partners - nice to have)Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other productivity and analysis tools.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field is preferred.
What Resilience Offers You
-Our comprehensive package: competitive salary, stock options, bonus structure and a 401K plan.
-We understand you need time off to recharge. Our employees are given flexible PTO, that they are encouraged to use!
-Flexible work environment and a remote first work culture. Resilience also has offices in San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and Baltimore for local and traveling employees.
-Resilience offers competitive health plans for employees.
-As a quickly growing company, we are able to offer employees professional development and career growth opportunities.
-Connection: interest driven Slack channels help to keep our remote workforce connected with one another (#foodies, #pets, #fitness), as well as company off-site events.
Accommodations and Accessibility
We want to ensure you're able to perform as well as possible in your interview. As part of that, if you have any accessibility-related needs to ensure a comfortable visit, please let us know. We'll do our best to provide reasonable accommodations to suit your working style during your interview and if you join our team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.