AVP/VP Cyber Underwriter
Chicago, IL / Baltimore, MD / Cincinnati, OH / Los Angeles, CA / New York, NY / San Francisco, CA
Insurance – Underwriting /
Resilience is the next-generation cyber risk company that’s on a mission to help make the world cyber resilient.
Founded in 2016 by experts from across the highest tiers of the US military and intelligence communities, augmented by prominent leaders and innovators from the insurance and technology industries, the privately-held firm is rewriting the rules of how cyber risk is assessed and managed for middle to large market enterprises. Rooted in decades of experience, Resilience helps financial, risk, and information security leaders continuously improve their organizations' cyber resilience by connecting cyber insurance coverage with advanced cybersecurity visibility and a shared plan to reinforce actionable cyber hygiene.
Resilience is proud to be backed by leading technology investment firms including General Catalyst, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Intact Ventures, Founders Fund, CRV, and Shield Capital. With headquarters in San Francisco, Resilience’s team is globally dispersed, with offices in New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Toronto, and London. Resilience offers insurance coverage through its licensed and appointed insurance agency and security services through its expert security team.
This position is a Hybrid position located in one of the following locations: Chicago, DC / Baltimore Metro, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco, or Cincinnati.
Join the dynamic team at Resilience as an experienced Senior Underwriter, and become a key player in revolutionizing cyber risk management! By seamlessly integrating security and insurance into a unified offering, you can help us pave the way to a safer digital world. As a Senior Underwriter at Resilience, you'll be at the core of engaging with brokers, clients, and partners, steering business plans to new heights of responsible growth, and fostering close collaboration with our cutting-edge internal security team. By working across the Resilience organization, you'll ensure top-tier support and collaboration with our clients.
Take the opportunity to lead, innovate, and shape the future of risk management with us. Your expertise can make a difference!
- Partner with the security teams to develop and execute client engagement strategies.
- Demonstrate sound risk and pricing decision making, incorporating technology/security resources and traditional underwriting principles.
- Maintain an updated understanding of the cyber insurance market landscape within the designated territory.
- Implement business plans, ensuring growth that's both successful and sustainable.
- Collaborate with the team to formulate and execute strategies, igniting growth for both primary and excess cyber business.
- Develop relationships and educate brokers to maximize opportunities and achieve profitable growth.
- Achieve set targets for new business premium, security engagement, renewal premium retention and rate change.
- Adhering to company guidelines and underwriting authority, evaluate new and renewal accounts to determine risk acceptability, contractual terms, and pricing.
- 5+ years’ experience as a cyber underwriter/broker with a proven track record of growth.
- Established network of broker and underwriting relationships.
- Passion for collaboration and the future of cyber insurance.
- Prior consulting or customer facing experience.
- Deep knowledge of the cyber insurance markets across assigned territory.
- Technical fluency in G-Suite.
$100,000 - $150,000 a year
Depending on Experience
What Resilience Offers You
Innovative company culture
Flexible work schedules
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
Accommodations and Accessibility
We want to ensure you're able to perform as well as possible in your interview. As part of that, if you have any accessibility-related needs to ensure a comfortable visit, please let us know. We'll do our best to provide reasonable accommodations to suit your working style during your interview and if you join our team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources team at email@example.com.