Accounting Technician, UK
Operations – Finance /
Resilience is the next-generation cyber risk company that’s on a mission to help make the world cyber resilient.
Founded in 2016 by experts from across the highest tiers of the US military and intelligence communities, augmented by prominent leaders and innovators from the insurance and technology industries, the privately-held firm is rewriting the rules of how cyber risk is assessed and managed for middle to large market enterprises. Rooted in decades of experience, Resilience helps financial, risk, and information security leaders continuously improve their organizations' cyber resilience by connecting cyber insurance coverage with advanced cybersecurity visibility and a shared plan to reinforce actionable cyber hygiene.
Resilience is proud to be backed by leading technology investment firms including General Catalyst, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Intact Ventures, Founders Fund, CRV, and Shield Capital. With headquarters in San Francisco, Resilience’s team is globally dispersed, with offices in New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Toronto, and London. Resilience offers insurance coverage through its licensed and appointed insurance agency and security services through its expert security team.
For more information, visit us at www.cyberresilience.com
This position will be a key hire in the accounting and finance department of a fast-growing start-up. The position will be able to make an immediate impact helping to grow and automate the financial and reporting processes for the UK and EU businesses from the ground up. The role will have visibility across the insurance businesses including UK and EU and will be instrumental in daily operations and the automation of existing processes. Resilience is growing quickly as we expand our operations and capitalise on momentum, creating exciting opportunities for growth and development.
This is a hybrid role located in London.
- Handle enquiries from clients, brokers, and underwriters.
- Record and manage accounts receivable, commissions, client premiums.
- Prepare monthly data/bordereaux reports.
- Conduct bank reconciliations and cash matching.
- Multi-currency and multi-company general ledger tasks.
- Set up and maintain claim funds with insurers and clients.
- Provide administrative and operational support for the preparation of invoices .
- Ensure compliance with group procedures and regulations.
- Support operational governance and decision-making.
- Prepare Ad hoc reports.
- 1+ year experience working for an insurance agency/broker/carrier in an accounting/finance capacity.
- Working knowledge of international insurance market practices.
- Familiar with accounting systems (Sage Intacct, a plus).
- Knowledge of London/international insurance market practices.
- General understanding of insurance MGA compliance requirements, a plus.
- Articulation with ability to communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient IT skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and G-Suite.
- University Degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
£25,000 - £40,000 a year
What Resilience Offers You
-Flexible work environment and a remote working culture.
-We understand you need time off to recharge. Our employees are given flexible annual leave entitlement that they are encouraged to use!
-Our comprehensive remuneration package: highly competitive salary, stock options, bonus structure and exceptional employee benefits scheme. This includes up to 12% pension contribution, healthcare cash plan, private medical insurance, life insurance, income protection insurance and critical illness insurance.
-As a quickly growing company, we are able to offer employees professional development and career growth opportunities.
-Connection: interest driven Slack channels help to keep our remote workforce connected with one another (#foodies, #pets, #fitness), as well as company off-site events.
Accommodations and Accessibility
We want to ensure you're able to perform as well as possible in your interview. As part of that, if you have any accessibility-related needs to ensure a comfortable visit, please let us know. We'll do our best to provide reasonable accommodations to suit your working style during your interview and if you join our team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources team at email@example.com.