Business Development Director
United States /
Revenue – Business Development /
RevolutionParts is dedicated to modernizing the auto industry through our parts e-commerce platform. And we are pretty great at it too! We have enabled thousands of dealerships to sell auto parts online by transforming the way buyers and sellers connect.
And not only are we dedicated to revolutionizing the auto industry; we are also passionate about building a revolutionary team. Our Revolutionaries (as we call ourselves) are talented humans who have a shared goal of delivering an exceptional product and customer experience. Plus, we have fun while doing it!
RevolutionParts is looking for an experienced Business Development Director or Sr. Manager with a fundamental understanding of eCommerce and online marketplaces, and experience in the automotive vertical. As a Business Development Sr Manager or Director, you will be responsible for creating, developing, and enhancing your opportunity pipeline through research, live meetings, supporting data, and customer communications and networking in the industry. You will manage new and developing opportunities for success against revenue goals & KPIs.
The successful candidate will be a natural deal hunter and closer with a leadership mentality and the ability to define processes, remove ambiguity, and consistently move deals forward through understanding software solutioning and developing powerful win-win partnerships with clients.
You are a highly polished communicator with professional acumen and the ability to create compelling client-facing content, information, and pitch materials and are at your best when presenting information about RevolutionParts SaaS Platform and solutions.
- Create and develop opportunity pipeline through research, live meetings, supporting data, and customer communications
- Manage a book of business, active pipeline and target opportunities for success against goals & KPIs
- Project-based work on BD team operations, strategic support, and program development
- Create customer-facing meeting content, presentations, supporting data points, and key information to share
- Drive client meetings from agenda through probing questions, qualifying needs, and presenting RP value prop
- Access and analyze related data and analytics to determine opportunity areas, highlights for client and to inform strategic decisions
- Work with various internal teams to support opportunity needs, plan successful models, and support client requests
- Provide pipeline forecasting and program readouts
- Track and oversee early-stage opportunity-base projects with stakeholders, action items, and deliverables
- Independently and self-driven prospecting for opportunities, new opportunity models, potential partners and generally expanding BD revenue and accounts penetration
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field or equivalent combination of education and/or practical experience
- 7+ years of business development or sales experience, ideally within the auto vertical, parts, and accessories
- Core instincts toward selling, solutioning, building big win-win partnerships and programs with a revenue/metrics as your north star
- Functional understanding of legal agreement flow for MPA/MSA, SOW, LOA/LOU, and ability to interface with Legal Dept. and liaison with client’s legal/agreement process
- Ability to create client program GTM plans based on deal engagement/design and client needs/strategy
- Become a brand ambassador and solutions expert for our Platform and solutions offerings within the automotive eCommerce industry/vertical
- Highly comfortable with company value-proposition: platform & product/solutions, packages & offerings, capable of delivering a compelling and proficient product demo on-demand
- Ability to collaborate with various internal teams on opportunities, program setup, and team or client needs – be a team player
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of eCommerce market, best practices, and trends
- Some ability to travel to live client meetings, industry events and tradeshows, and other team events as needed <20%
- Knowledge of basic digital marketing is a plus
- Leadership mentality and ability to own and drive execution of large complex partnerships and customer programs
RevolutionParts is a leading eCommerce technology platform that empowers dealerships, brands, and OEMs to sell auto parts and accessories online. The platform offers powerful eCommerce solutions including websites, marketplaces, and order management tools. RevolutionParts is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies in America for the past six consecutive years.
RevolutionParts is proud to provide all full-time Revolutionaries with a comprehensive employment package including competitive compensation, career development, benefits, 401K match, parental leave, and many more valuable perks. You can learn more about our core-value driven culture at our career page.
RevolutionParts is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, genetic information, veteran status, or disability status.