VP, Software Engineering
Phoenix, Arizona /
R&D – Engineering /
RevolutionParts is dedicated to modernizing the auto industry through our parts e-commerce platform. And we are pretty great at it too! We have enabled thousands of dealerships to sell auto parts online by transforming the way buyers and sellers connect.
And not only are we dedicated to revolutionizing the auto industry; we are also passionate about building a revolutionary team. Our Revolutionaries (as we call ourselves) are talented humans who have a shared goal of delivering an exceptional product and customer experience. Plus, we have fun while doing it!
RevolutionParts is looking for a VP of Engineering as we enter our next phase of growth disrupting the automotive industry.
We’re looking for someone with experience scaling up a startup, or growing an organization through periods where the structure of communication and work needs to shift. We’re currently at forty engineers, and the way we do work is in need of adjustment to account for the immense growth we’ve gone through.
You’ll be supporting a team of experienced managers who will be your partners in improvement. You’ll work closely with them to improve our delivery, how we support and train our team, how our teams are shaped, and how we work together to build the best product for our customers.
Engineering at RevolutionParts
If you’re aiming to have an impact on a company, this is quite the opportunity. The company has massive market potential, and is doing quite well. Yet, engineering is experiencing growth pains, so your work will not only improve the lives of the whole team, but will unlock incredible opportunity for the company.
You’ll be in an ideal situation: we have a good plan for improvement. You have excellent founder support for your work. You have an engineering team that is supportive of these changes. And you’ll find excellent partnership from product. And finally, you’ll never be better onboarded into an executive position, because there is an interim leader who will supply you with detailed notes and onboarding when you start.
- Attract and hire good talent.
- Build and structure the organization to be continually better.
- Support and grow the skills of the engineering organization.
- Work with the chief architect to set a realistic and ever-improving architectural vision.
- Work across departments to coordinate the efforts of engineering with the rest of the company.
- Improve the communications and incremental, continuous delivery of projects. Move forward both our ability to deliver projects, and improve the maintainability of our software.
- Improve the operational structure to drive good results.
- You’ll be a driver for positive change to RevolutionPart’s engineering culture, processes, and technology
- Have experience directly or indirectly taking an engineering organization from 25 to 150 people.
- You should have a strong engineering and/or architectural background.
- You should have worked as a software engineer in the past.
- You’ve managed an organization of 40 or more people in the past.
- You have experience in a SaaS based company.
- Ability to travel to Phoenix, Arizona once a month. Living in Phoenix is a bonus, but not required for this position.
Not Required but preferred
- Startup experience is helpful.
- Experience with marketplaces or payments
- Experience working with and managing cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS.
- You’ve probably had a title like VP of Engineering, Senior Director of Engineering, or Director of Engineering before.
RevolutionParts is proud to provide all full-time Revolutionaries with a comprehensive employment package including competitive compensation, career development, benefits, 401K match, parental leave, and many more valuable perks. You can learn more about our core-value driven culture at our career page.
RevolutionParts is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or disability status.