Director of Accounting and Controller
Phoenix, Arizona /
G&A – Finance /
RevolutionParts is dedicated to modernizing the auto industry through our parts e-commerce platform. And we are pretty great at it too! We have enabled thousands of dealerships to sell auto parts online by transforming the way buyers and sellers connect.
And not only are we dedicated to revolutionizing the auto industry; we are also passionate about building a revolutionary team. Our Revolutionaries (as we call ourselves) are talented humans who have a shared goal of delivering an exceptional product and customer experience. Plus, we have fun while doing it!
The Director of Accounting and Controller will play a pivotal role in shaping RevolutionParts' financial team and functions. This role reports to the CFO and will own the monthly and annual financial close, lead accounting operations, drive accounting policy and procedures, and support tax and audit.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes, including detailed analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts and preparation of financial statements in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Prepare and record journal entries using adequate supporting documentation
- Oversees the accounting operations (e.g., accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, sales commissions)
- Perform financial statement analysis and review; research and resolve issues identified during the review
- Develop, manage, and enforce GAAP-compliant policies and procedures
- Establish and/or maintain internal controls and assist in the documentation and evaluation of financial and business processes in support of the company’s compliance and audit requirements
- Help prepare the company for its first financial audit
- Lead relationships with external auditors and accounting/tax advisors
- Oversee audit process by external independent auditors
- Own tax filings with the help of external advisor(s)
- Support the CFO with the annual budgeting, planning, and forecasting process
- Meaningfully contribute to or lead strategic projects (e.g., M&A, due diligence, fundraising, financial analysis)
- Drive continuous improvement in processes, documentation, and controls
- Hire, coach, and lead to a high performing team
- Support digital transformation with evaluation and implementation of accounting and finance technologies/platform
- 7-10 years work experience in the accounting area (including, 2-4 years public accounting or Big-8 experience, 2-3 years strong GL monthly close experience, and 2-3years experience in a Software or Software as a Services (SaaS) company)
- Experience working with small to mid-market GL software (e.g., Quickbooks, Xero, Intacct, Netsuite)
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting; CPA strongly preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP and/or IFRS, including, but not limited to, specific familiarity with ASC-606, 842, and 718
- Knowledge of SaaS accounting and business models, including familiarity with standard GAAP and non-GAAP financial metrics for B2B SaaS companies(e.g., ARR, LTV, CAC, Recurring vs. Non-recurring revenue)
- Ability to interact & engage with all levels of the organization.
- Willing and able to roll up his/her sleeves and support the team as need.
Bonus points for one or more of the following:
- Experience as a Controller or Assistant Controller for a high-growth software company backed by PE/VC
- Experience related to tax and audit, including having been a part of a team going through the first audit or part of the audit team at a public accounting firm
- Experience designing and implementing accounting policies and procedures in early-stage, high growth companies
- Experience implementing and/or driving digital transformation for a Finance team
- Previous experience overseeing and/or supporting the implementation of a new mid-market ERP system (e.g., QuickBooks, Xero, Intacct, NetSuite)
RevolutionParts is proud to provide all full-time Revolutionaries with a comprehensive employment package including competitive compensation, career development, benefits, 401K match, parental leave, and many more valuable perks. You can learn more about our core-value driven culture at our career page.
RevolutionParts is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, genetic information, veteran status, or disability status.