Remote (US only) /
We’re looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Rewatch Engineering team. We are not only committed to delivering the best experience possible but are committed to doing that at scale.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a distributed, passionate team building a transformative platform that companies depend on. In this role also you will design, implement, rollout, and support highly performant features with your team.
At Rewatch, our mission is simple: We help teams get more out of video meetings in a way that’s engaging, effective, and secure. We do this with our video platform that uploads and transcribes videos from any source, curates them in organized collections, and connects employees with the most important information instantaneously. Organized, engaging, simple, and searchable - that’s the future of video at work. Today we work with incredible companies like GitHub, Brex, and Envoy to connect their organizations through the power of video, but we’re growing quickly. Come join us!
What You'll Do
- You will collaborate closely with Product Design to build new features.
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision-making.
- You will participate in code reviews to help root out bugs and other security issues.
- You will document the systems you help build.
- You will coordinate with leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives.
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests.
Qualities We Value
- Experience with SQL, general database knowledge.
- Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage, and other service layers.
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices such as understanding of monitoring, observability, continuous integration & deployment.
- Ability to gather, analyze, debug and fix problems that occur with live production systems
- Experience working remotely on a software team
- Excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- Demonstrated design skills for large-scale and highly available cloud services or distributed systems.
More About Rewatch
- Our last public fundraising was a $20M round led by David Ulevitch at Andreessen Horowitz with continued participation from Semil Shah at Haystack and Kent Goldman at Upside Partnership. The round also included a number of other investors including Jack Altman (CEO, Lattice), Christina Kosmowski (President, LogicMonitor), Lenny Rachitsky (Lenny’s Newsletter, former Airbnb), Rudy Cline-Thomas (Founder, Mastry), Qasar Younis (CEO, Applied Intuition), Zack Kanter (CEO, Stedi), Max Mullen (Co-Founder, Instacart), and Larry Gadea (CEO, Envoy), among others.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
- Work remotely
- Competitive compensation & equity
- Work life balance
- Parental leave
- Generous PTO
- Health, dental and vision insurance (US)
- Computer, display, desk chair