Operations Manager (Seattle)
Operations Management /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and are excited to add to our team. We offer a strong benefits package, a flexible work and vacation schedule, and a team invested in the personal growth of its employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the Role
Ridwell is looking for an Operations Manager to oversee its fleet and warehouse in the Seattle area. The role requires managing and growing the operations in the area, overseeing a team of supervisors, drivers, and warehouse associates, and working towards improving efficiency continuously. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, work well on a team, and develop innovative solutions. The role demands strong communication skills, operational expertise, and a can-do attitude.
The warehouse is located in Seattle's Industrial District.
- Our Member is Our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Manage the Seattle team and operations.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to improve operations, engage employees, and develop leaders.
- Ensure all scheduled stops are completed. Get the drivers out the door in the morning with everything they need to succeed.
- Maintain a consistent flow of materials through the warehouse with the warehouse team.
- Optimize and report on fleet and warehouse economics. Ensure the building and vehicles are properly equipped.
- Improve productivity, work on strategic projects, and drive continuous improvement.
- Create, iterate, and improve standard operating procedures.
- Proactively identify pain points and lead process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure proper headcount to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Consistently innovate and implement best practices in Fleet and Warehouse Operations and Safety.
- Understand what makes our brand special for our members and articulate it to external stakeholders.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 7+ years of startup growth, city management, operations management, or similar experience managing hourly workers and optimizing P&L.
- Proactive and hands-on. Able to take initiative and easily adapt in a fast-growing environment, comfortable with ambiguity, and willing to take responsibility.
- Analytical thinking and decision-making mentality. Use data to provide thoughtful and workable solutions.
- A growth mindset that sees every activity as an opportunity to learn.
- Experience in hiring, training, and leading teams. Warehouse experience is a plus.
- Ability to evaluate your market's P&L and focus your team's effort on improving costs or generating new revenue.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
$80,000 - $100,000 a year
This range is a good-faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate. Compensation includes both salary and equity options. At this time, we can only hire US-based candidates.
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, vision and dental
- Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible spending account for transportation
- Life insurance and disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount on monthly Ridwell subscription
- 401(k) plan
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.