Sustainable Sourcing and Supply Chain Manager
Operations Management /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We offer a strong benefits package, a flexible work and vacation schedule, and a team invested in the personal growth of its employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
This role will oversee the entire journey of our inbound materials, from procurement and sourcing to last mile distribution. The Sustainable Sourcing and Supply Chain Manager takes ownership for ensuring that the materials we send to our members, as well as the logistics involved in transporting them are both mission-aligned and cost-effective. Key partners will be the Partnerships, Operations Management, Expansion, and Member Experience teams.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Identify and partner with vendors who specialize in sustainable materials.
- Coordinate shipments of materials to all of our markets, from both domestic and international origin.
- Work directly with market-level Operations Managers to refine and utilize inventory processes.
- Continually improve processes in order to attain the most efficient, lowest cost supply chain.
- Develop deep knowledge of the function and lifecycle of all of our materials.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 1-5 years’ experience in procurement, supply chain, or logistics.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Ability to problem solve independently and excellent critical evaluation.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities, excellent time management.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
Benefits at Ridwell
We offer the following benefits:
Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
Paid parental leave
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.