Sr. Marketing Manager, Growth
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our product team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We are a team invested in the personal growth of its employees and this is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
Ridwell’s mission is to empower people to live waste-free. Today we do that through a pickup service operating in four markets that makes new reuse and recycling opportunities available from the front porch. We’ve helped divert 2M pounds (and growing) from landfills and once our members start using Ridwell, they rarely stop. Ridwell members often use us as a verb and tell us frequently what it means to be a part of the Ridwell community:
“I LOVE...LOVE...LOVE Ridwell. I so appreciate having a service that supports my desire to make environmentally positive choices. Ridwell finds real ways to reuse/recycle common household items...and I get to clean my home at the same time.”
We are looking for an experienced growth marketer to refine and build marketing campaigns across paid and unpaid channels as we expand our reach across the country. If successful, this role can point to millions (if not billions) of waste they have helped to keep from being buried in the ground or reaching our waterways.
This role reports today to the CEO (a former growth marketer) and will be responsible for managing some channels already working well in addition to experimenting with new ones that offer not only new ways to grow, but also new opportunities to learn. While an individual contributor to start, we expect to have a growth team that this person would be a candidate to hire and develop.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Manage and optimize offline and online marketing campaigns
- Understand the economics of each program relative to expected customer value
- Create and own a paid marketing budget with a mix of proven and unproven channels
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in service of company and departmental goals
Measures of success
- Ridwell member growth and zip code penetration
- Blended and paid CAC relative to customer LTV
- Quantity and quality of insights learned while experimenting
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- 5+ years in marketing roles within consumer startups who experienced rapid growth
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing platforms (e.g. Facebook, Google)
- A growth mindset excited to learn new things
- Analytical with understanding of customer cohorts and the SQL and Excel often needed to understand them
- Technical enough to understand the levers that can be used to optimize conversion rates at different parts of the funnel
- Alignment with our mission and an excitement to play a key role in making the world a better place
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following benefits:
Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
Paid parental leave
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.