Operations Supervisor - Austin
Austin, TX /
Operations Management /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and are excited to add to our team. We offer a strong benefits package, a flexible work and vacation schedule, and a team invested in the personal growth of its employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
Thousands of families in the Seattle, Portland, and Denver areas love Ridwell and we’re looking for an Operations Supervisor to oversee the day-to-day operations of Ridwell Austin's fleet and warehouse teams. We’re looking for new members to join our operations team who thrive in fast-paced environments and want to help improve how we do our work every day. We’re looking for team players who come up with creative ways to solve problems.
This is a full-time position for an Operations Supervisor starting immediately. You need to be based in the Austin metro area. Prior, similar experience in Austin is a plus. Due to business operations, you need to be comfortable being around a warehouse environment.
The pay range for this position in Austin is $23-$24/per hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Our Member is our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Schedule warehouse employees to ensure proper operations based on incoming volumes.
- Work with the warehouse team to make sure all materials are being processed and moving through the warehouse consistently.
- Make sure the drivers get out the door in the morning with everything they need for success and return safely at the end of the day.
- Work with Operations Manager to optimize and report on the economic performance for the fleet and warehouse operations.
- Ensure the building and vehicles are properly equipped.
- Create, iterate and improve standard operating procedures.
- Handle inventory counts of bins, bags, and supplies as needed.
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure proper material management and delivery.
- Oversee productivity in fleet and warehouse team.
- Supervise, Train, and Support the Team
- Mentoring, training, and developing employees for performance development.
- Proactively identifying pain points and leading process improvement initiatives.
- Monitoring staffing levels to look ahead and ensure we have the proper headcount and are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Implementing best practices in Fleet and Warehouse Operations and Safety.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- 3+ years of operations supervising, startup growth, or similar experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Hands-on, scrappy, and proactive. Comfort with ambiguity, willing to take responsibility and ownership, and proven ability to take initiative and easily adapt in a fast-growing environment.
- You take ownership in your work and team and are available to work overtime and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
- Curiosity and growth mindset that looks at each activity as a chance to learn and improve.
- Experience hiring and training teams. Warehouse experience is a plus.
- Outgoing and friendly personality--you are the face of Ridwell in Austin.
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees.
We offer the following:
Medical, Vision, and Dental plans available with $0 monthly premium costs, with buy-up options available
Voluntary Life and AD&D for self and spouse/domestic partner
Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
Flexible Paid Time Off
Sick leave in accordance to state requirements
Paid Holidays 7 paid days per year
Paid parental leave
Commuter Benefits for parking and/or transit
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides 4 counseling sessions per incident for common challenges such as relationship, family issues, stress, anxiety, and other life challenges
Employee Discount on Ridwell Membership
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 update for Ridwell employees
All Ridwell employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.