Warehouse Associate - Portland (Part Time)
Portland, OR /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We’re looking for full-time team members to join our warehouse operations team. Ideal candidates are those who thrive in fast-paced environments and want to help to improve how we do our work every day. In addition, it is critical that candidates are team players who come up with creative ways to solve problems. We offer a positive work environment, a strong benefits package for full-time employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
Available shift: 10:30am-7:00pm Monday through Friday (part time)
We are currently looking for team members who can also drive our fleet vehicles, serving as backup drivers when needed.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
Job duties include
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Periodically works in outdoor weather conditions, including all 4 seasons (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring).
- Unload items from the Ridwell van and prepare for sorting into designated bin.
- Sort items at Ridwell warehouse that are collected from customers.
- Constantly open and close cotton drawstring bags and empty contents into larger containers.
- Sort items into designated containers using care so items can be reused or recycled.
- Operate light industrial warehouse machinery, such as a baler, pallet jack, and straddle stacker.
- Ability to learn company policies and procedures and follow their guidance.
- Frequently communicate with current, potential, and former customers who have inquiries about their Ridwell membership. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Participates as a part of the entire Ridwell team.
- Other duties assigned as necessary by management.
- Must be able to read and follow written or oral instructions in English
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English digitally over text message and email
- Experience using pallet jacks and/or balers a plus
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have valid drivers license for at least three years
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach
- Must be able to lift 50lb boxes to the height of 3-4 feet and load and unload them from trucks
- Must be able to lift 85lb buckets onto a hand truck to push to storage
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday and possible weekend shifts
- Must pass a background check if offered the position
- No previous experience required
Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations and other areas
Benefits: We offer 100% employer-paid health benefits on the first of the month following employment start date
Reliable hours: We will give you a stable schedule you can count on
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 update for Ridwell employees
All Ridwell employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.