Community Launcher - Nationwide Opportunities
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying reusable and recyclable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
Thousands of families in Seattle, Portland and Denver already love Ridwell. We recently expanded into Austin and the Twin Cities, and we’re now hiring Community Launchers in a number of new metro areas to help us grow.
The Community Launcher is responsible for building grassroots support for Ridwell’s service in their city. Do you thrive on social interaction and love the challenge of getting others excited about what you’re excited about? Does the idea of bringing a new beloved service to your city sound like a cause you can get behind? If so, this is the role for you!
We’re looking for an energetic, proactive, extremely organized people-person who is well-versed in community engagement and ready to help us build a foundation of support for Ridwell by cultivating relationships with local community members, leaders, and organizations.
Prior, similar experience is a plus. While many responsibilities will be virtual, you need to be comfortable spending time out in the field as well, interfacing with partners, community groups, and Ridwell staff. We follow all local COVID-19 regulations.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Connect and cultivate relationships with community members, organizations, businesses, and others to get them excited about bringing Ridwell to the area, both in-person and online via Facebook, Nextdoor, Reddit, etc.
- Know or become familiar with the players in the recycling, waste, non-profit, community groups, etc. and build relationships and/or partnerships with these groups.
- Support the Ridwell team in establishing and building relationships with local partners in your metro market.
- Conceptualize, orchestrate and execute cool, fun and buzzworthy events/campaigns that grow awareness of Ridwell and build community support.
- Attend local events. See and be seen, find new and different ways to drive awareness of the Ridwell product and brand in your metro market.
- Coordinate and execute on trial pick-ups for areas of your market, to give people the Ridwell experience and get them excited about becoming members.
- Work with Ridwell HQ to plan and execute on operational and logistical infrastructure needs, including service maps, local photography, and other needs as they arise
- Collaborate with Ridwell’s Public Affairs team to engage and liaise with local Government and city officials on an as-needed basis.
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground for the HQ Public Affairs team.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- Currently living and have established roots/connections in your metro market.
- Experience with community engagement, event planning, social media marketing, social networking, partnership building, guerilla marketing tactics.
- Proactive, independent worker who takes initiative and pride in their work.
- Grasp what makes our brand special for our members with the ability to articulate that to external stakeholders across scenarios.
- Willingness to take a hands-on, scrappy, and proactive approach to everything you do.
- Comfort with ambiguity, willingness to take responsibility and ownership, and proven ability to take initiative and easily adapt in a fast-growing environment.
- Curiosity and growth mindset that looks at each activity as a chance to learn and improve.
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following:
Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
Paid parental leave
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 update for Ridwell employees
All Ridwell employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.