Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying reusable and recyclable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
We’re looking for an Expansion Manager to work with our team to lead the expansion of Ridwell in existing and new markets. You need to be based in the Seattle, Portland, or Austin metro areas. Due to business operations, you need to be comfortable being around a warehouse environment. We follow all local COVID-19 regulations.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Serve as expansion lead when Ridwell enters new cities and geographies and project manage new market expansions from scratch.
- Consult and support all Ridwell functions in setting up expansion markets, collaborate and create cross departmental collaboration for growth and continuous expansion improvements.
- Able to balance several tasks at once and keep priorities and timing of efforts accurate.
- Understand all aspects of the business and able to help ensure expansion goals are met.
- Manage execution and implementation of tasks and initiatives to ensure markets expansion stays on time and hits goals.
- Manage a culture of continuous improvement by incorporating learnings from your own and others expansion markets to improve the launch process.
- Document and add to the expansion toolkit; provide expansion perspective to improve tooling, hiring and onboarding plans, launch playbook, checklists, etc.
- Be comfortable committing the time and energy required to launch a new business in a new city. This could mean going outside your comfort zone to onboard employees, call potential partners, future members, etc. to ensure launch success.
- Have an eye towards process improvement and be analytically minded. Able to collect, analyze, and use data to drive continuous improvement.
- Love solving problems and enjoy rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in start-ups, consulting, program/project management, operations or related field.
- Willingness to travel as needed to new markets (expected to travel up to 25%).
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Ability to problem solve independently and excellent critical evaluation.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities; excellent time management.
- Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and must be able to improve performance through management feedback.
- Well versed with working cross-functionally and alongside numerous departments on an ongoing basis.
Benefits at Ridwell
We offer the following benefits:
Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
Paid parental leave
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.