Email Marketing Manager
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our product team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We are a team invested in the personal growth of its employees and this is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
The purpose of this role is to grow Ridwell’s member base through world-class email marketing efforts that convert leads to members as well as engage and help retain existing members. As a key member of our email marketing team, you will have the opportunity to partner directly with our Chief Marketing Officer to drive Ridwell’s email marketing strategy and tactics. You will be an in-house subject matter expert overseeing email communications to our lead and member audiences. In this highly cross-functional role, you’ll collaborate within marketing and across Ridwell to help fuel our growth while helping to create an exceptional experience for our members.
This is an experienced role requiring at least five (5) years of email marketing experience, preferably in a growth-oriented consumer company. We are looking for a rockstar contributor who will take ownership of projects from end-to-end from day one yet remain flexible about our needs as we evolve.
This is a remote full-time position with the opportunity to work from our Seattle office if you live in the area. You also need to be comfortable working digitally with teams around the country.
Compensation includes both salary and equity options. At this time, we can only hire US-based candidates.
This position has a salary range of $120,000 - $140,000/year. This range is a good-faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Understand Ridwell’s business goals and help create and execute a strategic, impactful email program that converts and engages our audience.
- Possess outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills that convey accurate, nuanced information clearly and effectively to various audiences.
- Focus on prioritizing projects and activities that drive the most impact for our business, with a get-it-done attitude.
- Possess outstanding email marketing subject matter expertise and judgment with respect to the channel.
- Be very comfortable prioritizing and owning projects from end-to-end with minimal input - or with significant direction - in an ambiguous, deadline-driven environment, as well as being accountable for outcomes.
- Collaborate effectively and generously across Ridwell and beyond, with strong diplomatic skills and an ability to successfully problem solve despite competing priorities and ideas.
- Possess curiosity and a learning mindset: learn from successes and failures, be open to feedback, and seek to improve yourself and our work.
- Demonstrate an ability to get up to speed fast, tackle challenges with urgency and enthusiasm, adapt to a changing environment, influence decision makers, overcome roadblocks and resource constraints, and prioritize high impact activities.
- Be aligned with Ridwell’s position as a mission-driven, growth-oriented, early-stage startup.
- Help evolve and manage an email marketing strategy that helps convert our leads to members and provides our members with customized, relevant emails that help improve their Ridwell experience.
- Oversee end-to-end execution of email campaigns, including content creation, list segmentation, tracking set-up, A/B test implementation, end-to-end QA, troubleshooting, deployment, and reporting.
- Serve as an email subject matter expert and collaborate with members of our marketing, product, partnerships, member support, and engineering teams on highly cross-functional projects.
- Exercise outstanding judgment in strategic, tactical, creative, and technical recommendations and decisions about email automations and campaigns.
- Help own a cohesive email marketing calendar, prioritizing effectively across multiple audiences and goals.
- Monitor IP performance and inbox placement and take steps to improve sender score and deliverability as needed.
- Help oversee Ridwell’s instance of our third-party cross-channel marketing platform, Iterable, and help guide our email platform direction as the industry and our needs evolve.
- Analyze and optimize email campaign performance on an ongoing basis.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- 5+ years of hands-on roles executing all aspects of complex email campaigns, with an increasing emphasis on email strategy, preferably at a high-growth consumer company.
- Extensive experience working with Iterable, Marketo, Braze, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Hubspot, or another cross-channel marketing / marketing automation platform.
- Expertise in email best practices, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam laws.
- Experience with a wide range of email types, from nurture campaigns to lifecycle emails.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role with a collaborative and flexible attitude, thriving on quick execution and robust project management.
- Outstanding writer and editor with exceptional attention to detail.
- Data-driven approach and strong analytical skills with a testing mindset and experience measuring campaigns and optimizing efforts quickly.
- Experience working in a remote environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience.
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees.
We offer the following:
Medical, Vision, and Dental plans available with $0 monthly premium costs, with buy-up options available
Voluntary Life and AD&D for self and spouse/domestic partner
Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
Flexible Paid Time Off
Sick leave in accordance to state requirements
Paid Holidays 7 paid days per year
Paid parental leave
Commuter Benefits for parking and/or transit
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides 4 counseling sessions per incident for common challenges such as relationship, family issues, stress, anxiety, and other life challenges
Employee Discount on Ridwell Membership
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 update for Ridwell employees
All Ridwell employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.