Van Driver (Atlanta)
Atlanta, GA /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
About the role
We’re looking for our very first team members to help build Ridwell’s operations in Atlanta. As one of the earliest employees on the ground, your primary responsibility will be operating a Ridwell company vehicle and ensuring all member pickups go smoothly, but you will also spend time assisting with warehouse operations while building and shaping processes of the operations team. This position will have a high level of customer engagement since providing support to new Ridwell members is critical for our success in Atlanta.
Available hours: Full time, Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm (exact hours pending)
Wages for this position: $19 - $21/hour
Ideal candidates are those who thrive in fast-paced environments and want to raise the bar on how we live out our mission every day. It is critical that candidates are team players who come up with creative ways to solve problems. We offer a positive work environment and a strong benefits package for full-time employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special in Atlanta.
- Our Member is Our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Safely operate Ridwell company vehicle(s) in and around Atlanta, primarily high-roof cargo vans to expertly provide Ridwell service (pickups, bin deliveries etc.) to our members.
- Use your smartphone for GPS route navigation, management of member stops using the Ridwell Fleet app, for communication with Fleet Support and to accurately manage pickups and deliveries (Ridwell provides a stipend for personal phone usage).
- Communicate any discrepancies upon attempting pick ups to Ridwell Fleet Support.
- Understand time management and communicate when a route is taking longer than anticipated.
- Deliver Ridwell bins and bags to new member’s homes and onboard new Ridwell members by explaining the service and answering common questions.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal/external customers.
- Load and unload items into and out of company vehicles.
- Constantly open and close cotton drawstring bags and empty contents into larger containers.
- Sort all material using care so items can be reused or recycled.
- Operate light industrial warehouse machinery, such as a baler, pallet jack, and straddle stacker.
- Load boxes into trucks for shipment.
- Work safely and efficiently outdoors and in all weather conditions, various temperature extremes, including heat, cold, moisture, and wind.
- Ensure compliance regarding all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned as necessary by management.
- Must be able to read and follow written or oral instructions.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must own and be able to use a smartphone and Google or Apple maps.
- Ability to be on your feet or on a van route all day.
- Ability to communicate effectively digitally over text message and email.
- Must be 21 years or older with a valid driver’s license and be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, and lift up to 49 lbs, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday and possible weekend shifts.
- Must pass a background and motor vehicle history check if offered the position.
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees.
We offer the following:
Medical, Vision, and Dental plans available with $0 monthly premium costs, with buy-up options available
Voluntary Life and AD&D for self and spouse/domestic partner
Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays 7 paid days per year
Paid parental leave
Commuter Benefits for parking and/or transit
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides 4 counseling sessions per incident for common challenges such as relationship, family issues, stress, anxiety, and other life challenges
Employee Discount on Ridwell Membership
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 update for Ridwell employees
All Ridwell employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.