Operations Supervisor (Portland)
Operations Management /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and are excited to add to our team. We offer a strong benefits package, a flexible work and vacation schedule, and a team invested in the personal growth of its employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
Ridwell is seeking an Operations Supervisor to manage the daily operations of our Portland warehouse team. The role requires leadership, management, and continuous operational improvement. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in fast-paced environments, adept at working on teams, and a creative problem solver. You have strong communication skills, operational expertise, and a can-do attitude. Due to business operations, you must be comfortable working in a warehouse environment and driving in all weather conditions.
The warehouse is located near the Portland airport (PDX).
- Our Member is our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
- Mentor, train and develop employees.
- Plan routes and ensure proper staffing.
- Coordinate fleet maintenance and repairs.
- Ensure the building and vehicles are properly equipped.
- Create, iterate, and improve standard operating procedures.
- Handle inventory counts of bins, bags, and supplies as needed.
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure proper material management and delivery.
- Oversee productivity and KPIs for the fleet and warehouse teams.
- Be a trainer and backup driver as needed to support the operations.
- Work with the Regional Director to optimize and report on the economic performance of the fleet and warehouse operations.
- Work with the Regional Director to ensure proper staffing to meet the changing needs of the business.
- 3+ years of operations supervision, startup growth, or similar experience.
- Scrappy, proactive, comfortable with ambiguity, takes initiative, and adapts easily in a fast-growing environment.
- You take ownership of your work and team and are available to work overtime and as needed year-round.
- A growth mindset that sees every activity as an opportunity to learn.
- Experience hiring and training teams. Warehouse experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; experience may be substituted instead of education.
$50,000 - $60,000 a year
This range is a good-faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate's relevant qualifications and years of experience, where appropriate. At this time, we can only hire US-based candidates.
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees. We offer the following:
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, vision and dental
- Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible spending account for transportation
- Life insurance and disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discount on monthly Ridwell subscription
- 401(k) plan
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.