Finance & Accounting /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill, less clutter in our customer’s homes, and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We offer a strong benefits package, a flexible work and vacation schedule, and a team invested in the personal growth of its employees. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
We are searching for a bar-raising, financial accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations and thrives on challenges. As part of the accounting team this individual will help lead our efforts in building out the accounting functions, processes and procedures to ensure accurate financial statements. This role includes supporting program launches, contract reviews, operationalizing accounting processes and data flows, and month-end close. This position will also be responsible for working with cross-department business leaders and other accounting teams to ensure all financial impacting transactions are considered and factored into the company’s financial records.
- Our member is our hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Accounting ownership for all accounting and finance related business activities.
- Partner with business partners on program launches and other initiatives and communicating any accounting issues as identified.
- Evaluation of contracts and transactions under consideration by business.
- Actively participate in revenue cycle management and ensure all transactions are recorded accurately and timely into the general ledger.
- Owning month-end close process for business, including journal entries, reconciliations, and analytics.
- Process and oversee client billing and Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions in a timely manner.
- Oversee payroll processing and related systems
- Proactively identifying, researching, consulting, and drafting technical memorandums on significant transactions.
- Participate in process and control evaluation and documentation.
- Take ownership of and responsibility for projects, and manage risk across business functions (including finance, accounting, HR, operations, etc.), driving mitigation and resolution.
- Build relationships across multiple teams within Ridwell to foster a collaborative and productive working relationship.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in revenue cycle management, insurance, taxes (Federal, state, and local) and related processes and controls, regulatory compliance, and/or research
- Strong communication skills, both to get things done collaboratively with internal partners, and to speak with external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar function; CPA
- Big 4 public accounting experience with Fortune 500 clients
- Solid understanding of financial statement analysis and financial modeling
- Efficient written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech start-up
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Organized and has an aptitude for information technology (familiarity with SQL a plus)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiarity with U.S. GAAP research tools and the FASB Accounting Standards Codification
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees
Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
Paid parental leave
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.