Member Success Supervisor
Central Operations /
Ridwell is a service that inspires people to create a future without waste. Today, we make it easy to reuse and recycle more by identifying recyclable and reusable items that the city doesn't collect, picking them up from our customers' doorsteps, and matching them with local partners that can use them sustainably. Our future plans go much further and include making zero waste a reality for millions.
We are a social purpose corp, meaning sustainability is not just a company value - it's fundamental to the purpose and interests of our company. Our mission is to empower communities to waste less, and every success our team celebrates means more waste saved from the landfill and more valuable donations in the hands of local non-profits.
We’re funded and growing quickly and can't wait to add to our team. We are a team invested in the personal growth of its employees and this is a unique opportunity to get in at the beginning and help build something special!
About the role
In partnership with the Member Success Manager, you will provide support to the Member Success team by taking an active role in day-to-day inbox operations. To help our Specialists grow, you’ll give meaningful feedback and recognition based on observations of Member and Specialist interactions. You have designated authority to complete tasks that support internal and external customer needs, and you are empowered to respond to concerns or inquiries by seeking the cross-functional partnership if needed. Where processes and systems may not currently exist, you have a high level of influence and autonomy in their creation and development, in partnership with the Member Success Manager.
You will communicate tasks to relevant team members, direct work, and lead daily huddles and Slack communication, in partnership with the Member Success Manager. You will recommend daily staffing, scheduling, and task changes and adjust team assignments on the fly to meet Member expectations and business needs. You will help create a positive, authentic, and healthy team dynamic by encouraging discussion and problem solving, ensuring strength is drawn from difference and debate.
- Our Member is Our Hero. Our members are at the core of our company. Only by empowering them can we accomplish our vision.
- We Never Settle. We are relentlessly pursuing the exceptional and challenging the status quo–always making our service, experience, and company better.
- We Take Our Success Personally. We all have a stake in the success of Ridwell. You are empowered to make an impact.
- Purpose Drives Our Actions. Knowing why we are doing something enables us to focus on what is truly important.
- We Are Stronger Together. Every person is critical to our success. We need diverse perspectives to execute on creative solutions. By fostering collaboration and connection at every level, we can be phenomenal.
How to succeed in this role
- Work closely with the Member Success Manager to create efficiency and excellence throughout the Member Success workflows.
- Uphold and champion processes and training that will enable Member Success Team to exceed their KPI goals.
- Strong sense of excitement for empowering new team members to succeed in their roles on the Member Success team.
- Passion and alignment with the Ridwell mission to help others waste less.
What your day-to-day would look like
- Team supervision management, scaling and coverage
- Assist with supervision management of a team of 10 Member Success Specialists to address customer/driver queries, collect and track feedback, and develop internal and external resource materials.
- Collaborate with Member Success Manager to compile all performance metrics and trending member experience-driven feedback into a clear, digestible weekly report.
- Work with Member Success Manager to ensure we have adequate coverage for holidays/peak volume times throughout the year.
- Assist with interviewing Member Success Specialist candidates.
- Assist with onboarding, training, and internal knowledge base documentation improvement.
- Work with Member Success Manager to foster a positive, balanced working environment that gets team members excited about their work and mitigates risk of burnout, contributing to our World Class Team goal.
- Identify areas of opportunity for growth for team members where desire exists.
- Prioritize and delegate Member Success team tasks based on current business objectives.
- Act as point person for new Member Success hire onboarding, completing daily check-ins and reviews of knowledge, and target gaps with the potential to grow into a broader people manager role.
- Oversee proactive and reactive quality assurance for overlapping efforts between Member Success and broader Ridwell teams
- Partner directly with Member Success Manager to investigate, identify and flag any potential points of failure with new initiatives, pilots, campaigns or program launches being run by other teams at Ridwell that may affect Member Success.
- Work with Member Success Manager to hold all teams accountable for for said issues and put checkpoints in place to avoid future issues wherever possible.
- Work to catalog issues that arise in order to create playbook of best internal practices for broader company as a result of these fractures.
- Collaborate with Member Success Manager on successful new market launches.
- Attend all new market standups and act as Member Success’ accountable partner and point of contact - relaying updates/relevant information to the broader team.
- Escalate any launch concerns to Member Success Manager & Senior Manager, Central Operations as soon as possible.
- Ensure all key dependencies for member success teams are met/exceeded before new launches.
- Work with Member Success Manager to select a Member Success specialist to be a point of contact for reporting on new market inbounds & trends.
- All relevant info on area partners.
- All relevant info on operations.
- Complete regular data reporting for key stakeholders.
- KPIs: Collaborate with the Member Success Team Lead and Member Success Manager to help ensure that core KPIs (e.g., CSAT, average tickets handled per hour and average first response time) are being met and exceeded, escalating any areas of concern with Member Success Manager for triage/solution
- Serve as point person for escalation of questions/problem tickets Member Success Specialists & Team Lead may be struggling with in order to maintain an average first response time of 3 hours or further lower that number.
- Manage daily (M-F) afternoon inbox assessment to ensure team is on track to finish the day strong with an empty inbox other than tickets awaiting member replies.
- Provide back-up in inbox if/when needed to ensure average first response time and inbox volume SLAs are being met.
What success looks like
- Within first 6 weeks:
- Establish relationships with all Member Success Specialists and key cross-functional partners.
- Understand Ridwell’s business, from white bin to warehouse.
- Gain strong knowledge of all team KPIs and ensure that team is consistently meeting SLAs defined above.
- Within the first 3 months:
- Identify and establish processes for additions, improvements, upkeep and quality of internal team documentation/how-tos that are crucial to new hire onboarding and day-to-day reference for the team.
- Identify hiring needs or technology improvement areas and move forward accordingly.
- Support new team member training assistance improvements.
We're open to a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but here are the general skills and experience we’re looking for:
- You are empathetic, curious, and driven, and you stay calm under pressure.
- You draw energy from putting others first.
- You love to shine a spotlight on others and exist to make them better.
- You are willing to tackle any problem – no matter how small.
- You’re open to trying new things – even if they don’t work perfectly the first time.
- You have an ability to balance the needs of internal customers (team members and cross functional partners) and external customers (our Members).
- You have a history of making decisions based on data and intuition.
- You have experience in a customer-facing, “front-of-the-house” role (experience in Front, Zendesk, Intercom or other CX software is a plus!).
- You are curious and quick to learn.
- You think beyond today’s problems; and
- You are comfortable with new systems and software.
How you will grow
- As Ridwell expands to new markets, the Member Success team will grow – and with that will come new responsibilities and new opportunities.
- Ridwell seeks to empower our members to be the heroes on the journey to waste less by whatever means we can. To that end, our team is empowered to put new processes in place, suggest improvements and help infuse every part of our member journey with fresh, exciting and inspiring experiences, institute new SOPs and KPIs, and help develop the culture that will define the Ridwell experience for years to come.
Benefits at Ridwell
We are committed to creating a supportive environment for our employees.
We offer the following:
Flexible vacation and sick leave policy
Comprehensive healthcare benefits including vision and dental
Paid parental leave
Individuals seeking employment at Ridwell are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 update for Ridwell employees
All Ridwell employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Ridwell, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please contact our HR department at HR@Ridwell.com.